Home

Franchise Blog is Up

This is a discussion on Franchise Blog is Up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #65
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Franchise Blog is Up

I am in agreement with others that this isn't the official franchise blog. As mentioned, there are things that aren't mentioned in the blog, but were talked about on the boards as being in this year's franchise mode.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #66
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
I thought the patch fixed this problem with people disappearing.
It did...along with pretty much all the other bugs/glitches I've seen thrown around in protest of the lack of franchise info. I'm a huge franchise player in all my sports games. I can count on my hands the amount of times I've played online IN ALL SPORTS GAMES, but I do understand the online push. For years Madden and other sports titles have put the online players (which I'm willing to bet are very close to, if not surpassing, franchise players these days) in the backseat. The focus was made clear early in this communication process. Franchise was being fixed/tuned, but not really focused on. Online and gameplay were the pushes this year. We have this info from the devs themselves, and yet still people go into a tirade over everything related to franchise.

I agree that EA dropped the ball big time with their next gen iterations thus far. Guess what...so do the devs! They've said it, and also said they are committed to bringing this game back to what it should be. It's a process. It takes time. Ever hear the expression "more work to clean a mess than make one?" Anyone with kids can attest to that. Same rules apply. Should EA get a free pass? No. If they've "wronged" anyone, then it's well within your rights to write them off and not purchase their product. To me, for a year where franchise is clearly not the focus (again, we were forewarned) we've supposedly gotten improved AI logic, much improved stats (from the looks of things) and some bugs/glitches confirmed fixed...I'll accept that...THIS YEAR. Now next year (the supposed franchise focus) on the other hand...

I just don't understand people getting so bent out of shape about this, is all. Especially since this is all reaction to a blog that wasn't even titled as a full franchise blog.

...oh, and for the people who constantly bring up The Show for franchise excellence, just remember that the franchise hasn't really been touched since 06. As for CPU logic, well the Yankees stacking up on every high dollar SS in the league during my franchise speaks less than stellar towards that...so even the greats have their fair share of issues

EDIT: I normally don't go on rants like this and this was (obviously, I hope) not all meant as a response to what I quoted...

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 06-17-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 7

The patch DID NOT fix the franchise mode. It still froze every time for me.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #68
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
The patch DID NOT fix the franchise mode. It still froze every time for me.
Was it on the same franchise you had going pre patch? I heard that was a problem for many. Not that it matters much I guess. I don't know too many people still playing the 08 franchise (or game really, for that matter)
Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
There's something kind of sad about grown men throwing temper tantrums over a videogame. It would take something of far greater importance to rile me up as much as some people get riled up over a damn game. Sheesh. I respect people's opinions but, for people to throw fits about franchise mode in a videogame?!?!?!
wow! I don't know if i have an excuse but here it goes. I've been playing madden since it came out. When I have memories of my past, birthdays, holidays, first girlfriend, middle school, highschool, etc. I can remember what Madden I was playing and how fun it was. Playing madden to me is a big stress reliever, its fun, I love getting to control my favorite team (Cowboys) who I follow like crazy, and control them like I was jerry jones. It's fun. Its been apart of my life since I was a kid. I'm 24 now, a fireman, training to be paramedic, I have a son, and I'm not childish, I just love madden and care about whether its good or not. I care wether the people making the game put the effort into making it the best game ever, I'm dissapointed that they have slacked off on NG franchise, that they gave us an unplayable game last year, they owe it to me. I want all the things these other guyts want.

This would be a dream come true, if they could put the franchise of head coach into madden with the awesome new gameplay.

Point is, I've been complaining and bitching, and getting pissed, throwing fits, I'm not a punk, I just want a decent game.

Last edited by monimon714; 06-17-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #70
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Ian, you have opened up a thread seeking community assistance and suggestions for uniforms, animations, OL/DL interaction, gang-tackling, and general gameplay. Far be it from me to tell you how to do your job, but I think you'd be doing yourselves a dis-service if someone from EA did not open a thread asking the community for Franchise mode suggestions also.

There are a lot passionate franchise gamers here with a lot of fantastic ideas that would greatly improve the franchise experience for 2010. Maybe once we know all of the details for '09s franchise mode you can open the door for suggestions
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Ian, you have opened up a thread seeking community assistance and suggestions for uniforms, animations, OL/DL interaction, gang-tackling, and general gameplay. Far be it from me to tell you how to do your job, but I think you'd be doing yourselves a dis-service if someone from EA did not open a thread asking the community for Franchise mode suggestions also.

There are a lot passionate franchise gamers here with a lot of fantastic ideas that would greatly improve the franchise experience for 2010. Maybe once we know all of the details for '09s franchise mode you can open the door for suggestions

Perfectly stated....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #72
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

Very well stated and reasonable request. I'm confident that Ian (or somebody who works franchise directly perhaps) would do that for us...we'll see

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »