Home

Old 06-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #17
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Adam Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedAustin
I think "Adam" was underrated in Tennessee. He was turning into a top 10 corner at the very least, not to mention a great returner. I'd say start him in the 88 range and expect him to play better than that.

In my opinion the Cowboys now have the best corner combo in the league. I don't even think it's very close actually. The Raiders and Broncos can fight for second.
I agree, the cowboys do have the best corner combo in the league with Terrance Newman and Pacman Jones, not to mention Anthony Henry and the rookie Mike Jenkins. Now if they could only dump Roy Williams and move Anthony Henry to Safety then they would have the best secondary in the league.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #18
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
Yea and Irvin is still having problems with the law and cocaine

Not true at all, please don't make stuff up. Irvin has a job with espn radio and is doing well. Unless your getting some news nobody else gets. Must be an eagles fan.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:19 PM   #19
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
You might wanna check in your own division.... Asante Samual (96), Lito Sheppard (93) and Sheldon Brown (91) might think differently.

Newman (95), Henry (88), Adam (88, a generous 88).

Eagles might take that one.

Raiders might even be before the Cowboys.. Asomugha (96) and Hall (93).

I'm glad some one is living in the real world.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #20
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
Yea and Irvin is still having problems with the law and cocaine
Really? Because I live near Dallas and haven't heard a word from the press...Care to cite any sources?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #21
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
You might wanna check in your own division.... Asante Samual (96), Lito Sheppard (93) and Sheldon Brown (91) might think differently.

Newman (95), Henry (88), Adam (88, a generous 88).

Eagles might take that one.

Raiders might even be before the Cowboys.. Asomugha (96) and Hall (93).
So your going by madden player ratings to say who is the best corner combo in the league? LMAO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

I would rate the CB tandems 1) Eagles 2) Oakland 3) Cowboys. Asmougha is clearly the best CB in football. No one throws his side (lowest % in the league) and of the passes thrown his way he intercepts about 40 % of them. I think Hall is a good corner not on that elite level but still very good. They also have the youngster stanford routt who has impressed many. As far as the eagles, the trio of the Sheppard, Samuel, Brown is better then dallas's quartet. However I am a nayser of Samuel in the Eagles man system where they will leave him on an island. Personally watching this guy play first hand the last couple of years, the Pats always had safety help for him which allowed him to play that gamble style of corner. He also thrived in a zone defense and already there are bad releases out of eagles camp how he is struggling. I realize its camp but I just dont think he will play to that top 5 CB title, he will still be good but not worth the money he received

Last edited by a4reak; 06-22-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

1.) Oakland 2.) Denver 3.) Dallas 4.) Eagles Asante is overated.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Not true at all, please don't make stuff up. Irvin has a job with espn radio and is doing well. Unless your getting some news nobody else gets. Must be an eagles fan.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/0618/1215598.html

http://www.ramdac.org/2005/michael-i...ted-again.html

Brief summary of his older issues with the law before the 2005 incident

March 4, 1996: Irving, Texas, police respond to complaints of a loud party at a motel. Police find marijuana and cocaine along with drug paraphernalia in room where Irvin and three others are staying.
April 1, 1996: Grand jury indicts Irvin and two others on misdemeanor possession of marijuana. Irvin also is charged with felony possession of at least 4 grams of cocaine.
July 15, 1996: Irvin pleads no contest to second-degree felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years' deferred probation, $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor marijuana possession charges against him. The deferred probation means if he stays out of trouble, the charge is cleared from his record.
July 6, 2000: A Dallas judge ends Irvin's probation 9 days early.
July 10, 2000: Irvin announces his retirement from the Cowboys and his new job as a commentator for Fox Sports Net.
Aug. 9, 2000: Irvin arrested in North Dallas apartment complex on a charge of misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Aug. 11, 2000: Members of a drug task force say they won't pursue marijuana charges against Irvin following his arrest in the North Dallas apartment complex.
June 21, 2001: A Denton County grand jury indicts Irvin on a felony charge of possessing less than a gram of cocaine stemming from the Aug. 9 arrest.
June 22, 2001: Arrest warrant issued for Michael Irvin

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »