Home

Old 06-18-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Adam Jones

If he is not in the game, will they put him in with a roster update or will we have to create him? If he has to be created what should his ratings be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Adam Jones

I believe Ian has already said they will add him once he is officially part of the Cowboys roster. Unless I'm mistaken, right now he's just allowed to practice with the team and doesn't have proper game clearance yet.

As for ratings, well this will be interesting. He can't possibly be better rated than he last was as a Titan, which was low to mid 80's IIRC, as he hasn't seen the field since. However he's a Cowboy now, which means he could be rated just about anywhere really, probably in the 90's just because of that fact :P Seriously though, I suspect he'll be rated much the same as he was as a Titan last but EA will probably be keen to jump on any momentum he may generate with good play as a Cowboy and bump him up with updates. Returns an INT or punt for a TD? he'll skyrocket as a Cowboy. Hell, if he had done that return he did against the Eagles as a Cowboy instead of a Titan, he'd probably be given 100 speed or something :P

Last edited by Nza; 06-18-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

When I first saw this I was thinking 'who the hell is Adam Jones'

Then it clicked
Old 06-19-2008, 05:00 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

I think "Adam" was underrated in Tennessee. He was turning into a top 10 corner at the very least, not to mention a great returner. I'd say start him in the 88 range and expect him to play better than that.

In my opinion the Cowboys now have the best corner combo in the league. I don't even think it's very close actually. The Raiders and Broncos can fight for second.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I believe Ian has already said they will add him once he is officially part of the Cowboys roster. Unless I'm mistaken, right now he's just allowed to practice with the team and doesn't have proper game clearance yet.

As for ratings, well this will be interesting. He can't possibly be better rated than he last was as a Titan, which was low to mid 80's IIRC, as he hasn't seen the field since. However he's a Cowboy now, which means he could be rated just about anywhere really, probably in the 90's just because of that fact :P Seriously though, I suspect he'll be rated much the same as he was as a Titan last but EA will probably be keen to jump on any momentum he may generate with good play as a Cowboy and bump him up with updates. Returns an INT or punt for a TD? he'll skyrocket as a Cowboy. Hell, if he had done that return he did against the Eagles as a Cowboy instead of a Titan, he'd probably be given 100 speed or something :P
lol i can understand where your coming from in some ways but theres alot of cowboys that have been ripped off in ratings past few years
but yeah well adam jones was turning into a very good corner his last year in tenn plus only hester has more returns for tds the last few years than he does even with the year off ima guess they'll give him good attributes but knock him down with lack of awareness since hes been out a year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

he will be in the game on the first update which will be around the 1 week of the season
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

With the addition of DeAngelo Hall to go with Asomougha I wouldn't jump the gun in saying the Cowboys have the best CB tandem yet. If Pacman picks up where he left off they very well could have but until then I'd give Oakland a slight edge.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:12 PM   #8
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Dallas definately has the best CBs though...Newman, Jones, Henry, Jenkins. Name another team that deep at CB.
Xbox-Shugarooo
Twitch.tv/Shugarooo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »