Home

Import Draft Class or Generate Draft Class?

This is a discussion on Import Draft Class or Generate Draft Class? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Import Draft Class or Generate Draft Class?

I love the NCAA Series, but never have waited to use the realistic names of the college players, so I just generate the names, and play from there and always import the draft classes, it makes Madden and NCAA just that much better.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 06-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13

NCAA import or nothing!!!

now that Madden actually uses the "position specific" ratings, guys coming out of NCAA should have very minimal negative changes (no more than 2 points) to their "physical" ratings - speed, acc, agi, jmp, and str.
The guys at EA should shift the focus, the "weight" so to speak, within the ratings to be more reflective of the positional ratings - CTH, CIT, SPC, TAK, AWR, pursuit, play recognition, man/zone cov, juke, spin, truck... i think you get the idea.

I think this should be at around 4 to 1 in favor of the "position specific" ratings. Think of Desmond Howard. great returner and an amazing athlete, but never really made an impact at WR for any team in his pro career. Devin Hester up to this point in his NFL career has not made a major impact at WR, not saying he won't ever, but at this point he is very average as a WR. This is the way that the Madden game should distinguished between average, good, and great players and it is also the way the incoming rookies should be docked when entering the draft, their physical abilities should stay the same and these other ratings should drop to allow them to be "rookies"!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 16

I always import the draft. I always enjoy playing the NCAA season and then seeing some of my guys go in the first round. I keep track of a lot of stats myself and am able to grab a steal or two in each draft. Most of the time there ratings might not be great since you grab them in the 4thy round but they have a huge upside and with a little playing time they can become a big part of your team.

Much rather have a little background on the players im drafting, if they were a top 25 recruit, if they came out early, and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I actually don't mind that...Actually, I would prefer rookies to come in at a maximum of an 80 rating.
The problem with that is all of the imported players would be deflated in relation to the players already in the game. EA has inflated the ratings to a point where 86 overall is average for a starter. They've given mid-80s ratings to a considerable amount of rookies this year.

If they come in at maximum 80 rating, then the imported players would be really deflated in terms of comparing them with the existing players.

I do think they should rework the attributes system and overall rating calculation in such a way that the 80 rating would be reserved strictly for STUD rookies........ rework the speed ratings so that 90 is legitimately fast (e.g. RB Chris Henry) and 95+ is world class speed which would be saved for Randy Moss, Devin Hester, Yamon Figures, and a select few others. Something similar would be done for the other physical ratings.

Until then, I think that imported players should come in at a scale that is consistent with the scale they have set with the existing players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
NCAA import or nothing!!!

now that Madden actually uses the "position specific" ratings, guys coming out of NCAA should have very minimal negative changes (no more than 2 points) to their "physical" ratings - speed, acc, agi, jmp, and str.
The guys at EA should shift the focus, the "weight" so to speak, within the ratings to be more reflective of the positional ratings - CTH, CIT, SPC, TAK, AWR, pursuit, play recognition, man/zone cov, juke, spin, truck... i think you get the idea.

On point post........... hopefully they fix that aspect........ I can understand taking the physical ratings away last gen because in Madden 04, you were having some very very advanced rookies (Mo Clarett 93, saw a rookie FB at 96!) and only a 6 or 7 ratings figuring into the overall rating.

But with those new ratings, there really is no need to tweak down physical ratings too significantly and definitely not by 11 points. I'm totally not looking forward to playing against 90 speed Percy Harvin (I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be able to burn Chevis Jackson, 89 speed).
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 06-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm in my fifth season of my franchise so i just use my last real draft class (this past season's freshmans). I got Michael Crabtree 1st round! I love the imports because it wouldnt be the same without the real names. I dont even draft for talent, i draft for who i like and who i know. Thats why my current offense is Colt Brennan, Darren McFadden, DeSean Jackson, Percy Harvin, and now Crabtree!

Facebook - Custom Sports Covers
Old 06-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 29

That is the main reason why I was wondering... I used to post my Franchise with imported rosters and a lot of peeps would give me flack... I had Laurinaitis, Malcolm Kelly, Glenn Dorsey, McFadden and a few others... It was rock solid... but is that really 'realistic'? That is why I ask...
Old 06-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #15
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, they need to find a way to tweak this aspect of the game, as first round locks should not fall into the fourth round.

I remember importing the draft class, and certain guys like Calvin Johnson might fall to the second or third round. Seemed to defeat the purpose of importing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #16
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

OVR: 30

My problem is that when i import a class the rookie rating are usually higher than what they should be. The first through fifth pick of the draft always start at like 89 ovr. Then the guys who are high rated rookies in real life stink and are free agents like Matt Ryan and Glenn Dorsey.

Facebook - Custom Sports Covers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »