Home

Trying our first patched "feature"

This is a discussion on Trying our first patched "feature" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #17
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Trying our first patched "feature"

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
As awesome as that would be... I'm pretty sure they're limited to one patch. Which means they're gonna wanna wait at least a month after release to figure out what they need in it, a couple of weeks to build the thing, a month to get the damn thing approved by Microsoft and Sony... so, figure on October/November at best.

Sucks to wait, but they're going out of their way to get in a feature I personally would give up almost any other single feature to have, I'll dig up the patience.
Oh, I know - I was just kidding really (sorta, kinda). Hence the

It's great news though, it's the one thing I really miss from last gen. With the gameplay looking pretty good and this feature added, I think I will be able to look past any other issues and just enjoy the game, unless there is some kind of major problem that makes the game literally unplayable (meaning freezing or something).
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 13

Ian,
i like the idea behind the old accelerated clock, but I always thought it functioned kinda backwards.
I always thought that it should run off time on the clock right when you entered the playcall screen to "simulate" the play call coming down from the booth and then you would call your play - like from the sidelines to the QB through the headset.

I have also always wanted the thing to be adjustable -

say 10, 15, and 20 seconds... I guess you could go in 5 second increments anywhere from 5 to 25 seconds.

maybe that isn't possible for the patch, but maybe it could be done that way or at least be adjustable for 2010!!!

Last edited by Boregard; 06-18-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #19
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Old 06-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Thank you for sharing the info, Ian.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #21
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
If we get to it, this could definitely be addressed. Any other complaints with the old Accelerated Clock or improvements that could be made?
I'd take just like it is/was on last gen for now. Run the play clock to 20 and coincide the game clock.

I think it would be cool it it was a bit random, meaning that sometimes the play clock would have 25 seconds to go, sometimes 15, etc. This could be tied into coaches and QBs as well. I know the Eagles are notorious around here for getting the play calls in late, causing them to rush to the line and sometimes blow a timeout. Whereas the Colts, when they huddle, get out quickly and give Manning time to make adjustments and audibles at the line. I'd like to see the CPU and myself forced to take a TO sometimes before the 2.

I'm sure the coding for this is much more than you are looking for in this patch, but an idea for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Phil just let the cat out of the bag over at MaddenMania, so I thought I'd spread the word here.

An engineer and myself started investigating our first "feature" to patch, and the winner is....

....drum roll....

Accelerated Clock!

(I can just picture mdgoalie37 falling out of his chair right now)

*DISCLAIMER* This in no way means we will get to this feature...there's a lot of stuff we have to figure out, and the patch process takes like 6 weeks to get done anyway, but we wanted everyone to know we are at least trying. This feature seemed to be the least risky (and the most wanted) while still allowing us to test feature additions (new addition to a screen, new in-game functionality).

I hope to have a more in-depth update next week on how feasible it's going to end up being.

Ian

Rats I was praying for User Adjustable Camera or Multiple Camera options. Keep the after release features coming though. A patched in feature will be much easier for you guys to implement next year at the release date.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #23
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

Was this the top secret thing you were working on?

I had exporting rings in the OS pool, damn it!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #24
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Wow.

It's not a big deal if it isn't available for a while, by the time it's out rosters should be pretty locked in and we can grab the patch and head into franchise mode until Madden 2010. I am ecstatic that this is going to be in this year's game at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »