Home

Trying our first patched "feature"

This is a discussion on Trying our first patched "feature" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Trying our first patched "feature"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I wasn't jumping on you, I quoted your post, but realized I was really responding to the other post which I copied and pasted it in after quoting yours. I should have removed yours. My error and apology. I also removed your quote from my post.
It's all good. I figured that might have been what happened after I posted.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:25 PM   #58
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
It's all good. I figured that might have been what happened after I posted.
Yeah, yeah - you were just mad that I was from Philly and we took your Habs out
Old 06-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #59
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I would say that it's more than 3.

detailed uniform fixes
How many complaints did you hear about the bills blue on blue unis or the redskin's socks, just to name a couple? A million times maybe?

ha ha.....those were my 1,000,000 bills 'blue on blue' complaints

glad they got fixed though
Old 06-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #60
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I'm confused...are 1 back KO returns in?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #61
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I can't wait to play 12 min - accell clock quarters again. I'm feeling light headed....

I remember pulling out 06 for the PS2 (my last year of last-gen) not so long ago and playing a 12 min quarter, accel clock - it just feels so much better.
man, your just like me! damn i miss that.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'm confused...are 1 back KO returns in?
Based on the colts/vikings video, they are in. Pause the video at the opening playcall screen and you'll see the formation on the bottom right. It was selected a couple of times throughout the game.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 06-19-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Accelerated clock in football games has nothing to do with what there is in a hockey or soccer game. These games just have the clock run faster at all times (except on the PP in NHL) whereas in football games the clock stays real time but some time is run off when calling a play. It is nothing alike so I really don't think they could "steal their stuff" as you say.
Not exactly what I meant ....sorry I was unclear...I meant that I liked the option in NHL that seems to closely mimic real time lengths based on what you choose - pick "5 min." and the game clock runs fast enough to finish the periods in about 5 minutes - even though it counts down from 20 minutes per period, then so on for 10 and 20 minute periods....I could also be simply confused on how that works in NHL and it could be totally coincidental !
Old 06-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Moostache,

Thanks alot for your opinions on the differences between Madden and NCAA. I am SO excited for this years Madden, and I am really enjoying the NCAA demo!

I have just one question for you since you have played them both. I posted this question to Ian as well in his Q&A thread. I am actually pretty impressed with the crowd interaction in the NCAA demo. It is not perfect by any means but it does enough to really get me in the game. Does Madden have similar crowd reaction or is there a gap between games in this category? (I am speaking only to the crowd interaction, not the cheerleader cut scenes etc.)
From what I recall, in Madden you have more individual options for celebrations, but there are also things like the Lambeau leap and a few others if that was what you meant...

I was overall underwhelmed with the crowds in both games - I want to see them become a lot more dynamic in the crowd audio. I did not feel they were loud enough (at key points...they do get louder, but not in that same kind of stadium-crazy way that makes being AT a game a totally different experience than watching on TV...I felt the crowd noise seemed even less than watching on TV intense if that makes sense)... or consistent enough (home team crowds need to BOO the other team on scores, not CHEER!! - I also think that NHL 2008 has a lot to offer NCAA and Madden here...on the NHL game the home crowd will cheer and respond to penalties, penalty kills, uncalled penalties, goals and much more).

If NCAA and Madden were to "borrow" elements of the NHL and FIFA series a bit more liberally in the future, they would be making some truly special titles...as it is, they have made a couple of really good football games this year - certainly better than 2008 and MUCH better than what we have see to date on XB360 and PS3 for sure!

For NCAA I am completely jacked to be able to use the custom sounds option, but that is totally lacking from Madden...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »