Home

What do you think of context-sensitive button commands

This is a discussion on What do you think of context-sensitive button commands within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #17
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What do you think of context-sensitive button commands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Dog woke me up - my brain's racing with a few ideas I wanted to get written down - couldn't fall back asleep.
I'd like to thank your dog for waking you up. glad you got your ideas written down.

I've been playing video game football for many years dating back to the sega master system. Yeah I'm a 2k guy so I've never really been that good at Madden, I think my on line recored with Madden 08 using the Chiefs is something like 10-40. So I think I'd like to give this feature a try, it just may improve my game.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Seems like a perfectly fine teaching option to me. Not everyone has been playing Madden for 15 years. Some of you people will complain about anything.
Thank you.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd like to see less REQUIREMENT for button mashing. If it's 3 & 5 or a pass to the endzone, a player like Tony Gonzales should make a possession catch WITHOUT having to press and hold a button.

Maybe have two modes.
Arcade: for button mashers / tourney guys.
Realism: where players perform like thier real-life counterparts.

Or even a third, Combo mode where player perform realistically, but the user can 'override' with button mashing.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think this isn't a bad idea, nor that it really matters, but the whole Madden Skill level seems like a horrible idea, and overall a waste of a feature. People don't play madden to have the game adjust to them, they play to master the game, this is just a way for you to not have a realistic difficulty, and instead letting the game adjust what ever the hell that means to make it seem real. I mean really who thinks of these ideas with such glaring needs in more important areas? I don't think anyone who played the game said, "sheesh I wish the difficulty adjusted to me so I didn't have to get good." But im 100percent sure people said, " what the fack is up with franchise mode? it was better on PS2?" It's really frustrating when features like this are big parts of the game, like the weapons system, what a horrible and irrelevant part of the game? isn't that what stats are for? if a guy has 99 speed and 99 juke, yes he is an elusive back, thanks, I couldn't figure that out for myself already. The overall production for these games just seems tainted, I mean it really isn't that hard to know what people want, so stop trying to force feed your ****ty ideas.

/rant
Old 06-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
I concur, this has to optional. Wouldn't these qte buttons take away the user control. Pressing the button and watching the player do the designated move. I am not with that. I want to do every thing myself as much as possible. I know I can't control all 12 men at the same time. However, when I switch in to my man I want to control him myself. Yeah,I am going to turn this off right away. It may be good for casual players but not hardcore players.

Wow all 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #22
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTC2289
I think this isn't a bad idea, nor that it really matters, but the whole Madden Skill level seems like a horrible idea, and overall a waste of a feature. People don't play madden to have the game adjust to them, they play to master the game, this is just a way for you to not have a realistic difficulty, and instead letting the game adjust what ever the hell that means to make it seem real.
Do you visit everyone who purchases Madden, sit down next to them, and watch them play? You don't know why other people play madden, so please stop generalizing. Not everybody who plays Madden plays it with the intensity of the OS crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
Do you visit everyone who purchases Madden, sit down next to them, and watch them play? You don't know why other people play madden, so please stop generalizing. Not everybody who plays Madden plays it with the intensity of the OS crowd.
I'm sorry that came out that way, but that's not what I meant. The feature works like this (from gamespy)

Quote:
In our first test, we scored All-Madden in rushing offense, All-Pro in passing offense and pass defense, but scored a lowly rookie rating in rushing defense, something we knew was a weak aspect of our play since the earliest days of Madden play. Our custom difficulty setting thus put us up against good run-stuffers and corners, but gave us a pretty easy time of catching opposing halfbacks. It's an interesting idea, and one that we're sure many players will appreciate.
personally I think it is a horrible idea to have the game take away what your good at, and make you artificially better at thing you stink at, in my opinion its a throwaway feature that alot of time was probably devoted to. I just wish they would devote that time to things that are pretty obvious, rather then things like this which don't contribute much.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
just another reason to buy backbreaker in hopes that madden 2010 will be for sim players not arcade and children
Yeah, don't let the truth get in the way of your obviously already-formed opinion.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »