Home

(MUST HAVE) Press X to skip right to the next play!!

This is a discussion on (MUST HAVE) Press X to skip right to the next play!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: (MUST HAVE) Press X to skip right to the next play!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
It is for me. As mentioned in another thread, I still watch all the cut scenes, pre-game/halftime/post game/weekly wrap up shows in my NFL 2k5 franchise. When I play, it is all about my virtual reality. I don't try to get through games as quickly as possible like some.

I have learned sometimes the journey itself is more rewarding then the destination.
While I don't play 2k5, I understand and agree with what you are saying. I want to "get lost" and caught up in the game. Presentation and atmosphere are key ingridients to making this happen.

MLB The Show does a great job of this and watching my buddy play 2k5, it does a TREMENDOUS job of doing this, as does the College Hoops 2k8 game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
What cut scenes? EA has to add some 1st.
ok, maybe cut scenes wasn't the best way to word it (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
It is for me. As mentioned in another thread, I still watch all the cut scenes, pre-game/halftime/post game/weekly wrap up shows in my NFL 2k5 franchise. When I play, it is all about my virtual reality. I don't try to get through games as quickly as possible like some.

I have learned sometimes the journey itself is more rewarding then the destination.
...and I want to skip all that crap once it becomes repetitive. I don't have all day to play and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This is why we need the option to skip it.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman
ok, maybe cut scenes wasn't the best way to word it (see below)

...and I want to skip all that crap once it becomes repetitive. I don't have all day to play and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This is why we need the option to skip it.
Well most sports games have always allowed you to skip through the "cutscenes", so I don't know where this request came from. I've never played a sports game that made me sit through anything during gameplay.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Ian said that he wanted to limit cutscenes, and make player reactions directly after the play so there no changing of camera angles or different views.

Ian said he wanted to make the transition from play to post-play seemless where right after a player has tipped the ball for instance, he will make the appropriate reaction without having to resort to a cheap cutscene.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »