Home

Edit players, PLEASE!

This is a discussion on Edit players, PLEASE! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #25
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Edit players, PLEASE!

I sure hope you can edit player builds. I've seen Bob Sanders in '09 and his arms look a bit too skinny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
So many players switch positions (skill and line) each year it isn't even funny.

I haven't played Madden on console...well really ever....but from what you guys are telling me for next gen we can't edit a players position? How about in the substitution screen? Do they have player packages where you can substitute your FB for an Offensive Lineman and your HB for your FB and call it jumbo or whatever?

I am a PC Madden player and the feature to make your own play packages in your playbook was awesome. If this is missing in next gen ouch....
on current(next) gen you havent been able to change a players default postion, but it was and might still be available in last gen.

in the past, as well as now, there are default packages like big(fb at hb) and miami(T at TE), etc. but no OL at FB packages.

in last gen you could go to substitutions and sub any player at any position. you could put an OL at FB for a certain formation, or even do it in the depth chart and have him in at FB for all formations. (i believe this was taken out in the past years though, and its not in current gen. it got to the point where if you wanted a CB to play WR, youd have to change his position before the game to WR, but then he wouldnt be able to play CB in that game.) i think you could even create the package substitution for formations doing this.

Now you cant do that. they havent had formation subs at all in next gen, and they havent had package creations. you cant even make the OL at FB sub in the depth chart. you can only put certain positions in any give position. QBs can only be QB, P, or K. HB can only be HB or FB. TE can only be TE, i think WR, or OL. its stupid. it was all probably taken out because of cheesing online, but it should def still be available for offline. OR MAYBE HAVE PLAYER RATINGS THAT MATTER MORE so if someone wants to put randy moss on D (to have a DB with great hands) make him out of position.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:01 AM   #27
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

Soooo....
any news on what will be editable?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #28
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
Soooo....
any news on what will be editable?
I'm wondering the same...
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #29
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I hope that we can edit hair styles but I'm going to assume we can not like last year on next gen. Each video that I've seen featuring the Cowboys offense has had Marion Barber minus the dreads .
Old 06-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #30
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I hope that we can edit hair styles but I'm going to assume we can not like last year on next gen. Each video that I've seen featuring the Cowboys offense has had Marion Barber minus the dreads .
Just like WR Reggie Brown for the Eagles having dreads in his 3rd year and haven't had dreads since his rookie year...that was a pretty significant miss by EA.
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 06-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm assuming that "editing" this year in Madden 09 will be pretty much the same as last years. I mean we should have had some info on it by now.

Madden Editing Players = Limited

Why is that EA?

Look at games like Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer, For those who have played this series should know that this game has no limitations on editing. You can edit everything on a player in this game!, you can even edit uniforms and create ones from scratch. This game isn't limited unlike madden. And I've always personally wanted madden to be this way for the longest. And it hasn't happened yet. Especially on a next-gen powerful system where possibilities are more wide open. Hmmmmmm.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer
I'm assuming that "editing" this year in Madden 09 will be pretty much the same as last years. I mean we should have had some info on it by now.

Madden Editing Players = Limited

Why is that EA?

Look at games like Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer, For those who have played this series should know that this game has no limitations on editing. You can edit everything on a player in this game!, you can even edit uniforms and create ones from scratch. This game isn't limited unlike madden. And I've always personally wanted madden to be this way for the longest. And it hasn't happened yet. Especially on a next-gen powerful system where possibilities are more wide open. Hmmmmmm.......
I'm starting to think that it's not EA limiting editing, its the NFL. I don't think the NFL would want the editing to make it so deep that the whole Madden NFL isn't identical to the real one at all.. they are so careful with how their appearance is.. Look at the Patriots ordeal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »