Home

Edit players, PLEASE!

This is a discussion on Edit players, PLEASE! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Edit players, PLEASE!

If the NFL cared about how well EA was handling their license they aren't showing it. Before every NFL game they have a guy whose specific job it is to inspect player uniforms to make sure they are being worn correctly.

Judging by the fact that the Patriots in 08 wear WHITE socks, it's pretty clear they didn't even send such a guy to view this game at any point in the process.

I doubt if anyone at the NFL office knows what can and cannot be edited or even what their position on such a thing should be. They clearly didn't bother to inspect the game last year.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree, and Im sure the NFL has nothing to do with Maddens lack of Editing.

A Full Edit player is all I ever wanted on the 360... I want to Edit Info (name, position, number, college, birth), Equipment (helmet, facemasks, apperal, ect), Ratings, Build, and whatever else... we can possibly edit.

Build (Please EA, let us just adjust the player models we want) a simple edit build would throw the player model dislikes out the window.

I would love a Mass Build, sometimes I feel like these players all look to lankey, there is no Beef on them. Shaun Rogers looks Huge, but Donte Stallworth looks like a 12 year old boy.

Sometimes I feel like I want the old Madden back (the first Madden on the PS2), when they had the beefy players. Some of these players are too big + fat and some are just too small + skinny.

I wish there wasn't that much of a differeation, these players are all mostly between 210-325. Not 125-400. Widen these players out. IMO.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:41 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
on current(next) gen you havent been able to change a players default postion, but it was and might still be available in last gen.

in the past, as well as now, there are default packages like big(fb at hb) and miami(T at TE), etc. but no OL at FB packages.

in last gen you could go to substitutions and sub any player at any position. you could put an OL at FB for a certain formation, or even do it in the depth chart and have him in at FB for all formations. (i believe this was taken out in the past years though, and its not in current gen. it got to the point where if you wanted a CB to play WR, youd have to change his position before the game to WR, but then he wouldnt be able to play CB in that game.) i think you could even create the package substitution for formations doing this.

Now you cant do that. they havent had formation subs at all in next gen, and they havent had package creations. you cant even make the OL at FB sub in the depth chart. you can only put certain positions in any give position. QBs can only be QB, P, or K. HB can only be HB or FB. TE can only be TE, i think WR, or OL. its stupid. it was all probably taken out because of cheesing online, but it should def still be available for offline. OR MAYBE HAVE PLAYER RATINGS THAT MATTER MORE so if someone wants to put randy moss on D (to have a DB with great hands) make him out of position.
Thanks man. I am so used to PC using an external roster editor that I didn't even think about these types of issues. This may put a big damper on my ability to enjoy the game. I like to run old school offenses and would like to move players around a bit.

I take it editing in franchise is off limits? As in I can't edit ratings/appearances of my or other teams players after I start a franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #36
Rookie

it sucks when i would draft a player like CJ spiller and his speed would be an 85.....i should be able to change that during the season
Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I would think that the NFLPA limits EA on what they can or cannot edit.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I sure hope you can edit player builds. I've seen Bob Sanders in '09 and his arms look a bit too skinny.

yea, bobs arms should be huge. but it would deffinately be great to edit player builds, hair styles, faces, etc.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #39
Rookie

I am quite sure that the NFLPA has no input regarding editing. If the PA had ant authority over such thins it would not be an option on the ps2 version. In reality, the developers of next gen are completely out of tune with the majority of Madden fans who want a playable franchise mode.

We should be allowed to edit anything we want, including ratings. Afterall, Asante Samuel is not a very good man coverage corner, Patrick Willis is not stronger than most DT's and Why is Kentwan Balmer rated lower than most 3rd round picks?

Finally, it is annoying that nobody from EA will visit this thread and confirm or deny the edit question.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #40
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Everything should be editable.. If you want all your players to wear 00 as a uniform you should be able to do it C
I want to use pi, euler's constant, and square root of 7 for jersey numbers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »