Home

New: Madden 09 Presentation Video

This is a discussion on New: Madden 09 Presentation Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: New: Madden 09 Presentation Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'll be the first to say I don't like their brand of presentation. They went over the top with the camera flashes & fireworks, but excluded basics like coin tosses, pre-game warm ups, team entrances, ect. The flashes & fireworks should've been reserved for the superbowl.

And I'm never happy about shaking cameras & such. The playing view looks good though. Good to know you can see the outside WRs.

I'm hoping they get closer to a tv-style broadcast next year.
I have to agree with you.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I'll be the first to say I don't like their brand of presentation. They went over the top with the camera flashes & fireworks, but excluded basics like coin tosses, pre-game warm ups, team entrances, ect. The flashes & fireworks should've been reserved for the superbowl.

And I'm never happy about shaking cameras & such. The playing view looks good though. Good to know you can see the outside WRs.

I won't say that they went over the top, although, I would love to see the firework entrances and such saved for the Super Bowl, but I will say that the opening sequence of the shots of the outside of the stadium and people "tailgating" in the parking lot and such and even the fireworks entrance, leave something to be desired.

You see all of this, start to get pumped and fired up for the game and the next thing you know, there is a coin flipping in mid-air right before your eyes with no player on the field and no team entrances, warm-ups, stretching, or anything of that sort.

And I agree 100% with the shaking camera. Hopefully, it can be turned off.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #19
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

The caption over the player photos/numbers always said Offensive Line Setup, even if they were showing skill position players.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #20
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. It's nice they added something but I'd rather see more on the field presentation.
In any case looks to be a good year.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #21
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

I have to agree 100%. Me personally? i think that they're is always a wrong placement with the broadcasting. Superbowl broadcasting with the big fireworks the big bangs! pizazz! and over the top stuff (including a superbowl celebration that is not mediocre) needs to be just for that. While regular season? needs to be done exactly like broad cast.

and not to sound mean or cruel. But im gonna say because it needs to be said.

There're tons and tons of Nfl Games that are done to show how the broadcast is started at the beginning of games? and how they end.

along with super bowls , afc, nfc Conference celebrations presentations and everything.

This is something that EA should look into and start using to get their "its in the game" motto correct. If Ian is listening Thats what EA needs to get to to make the presentation right. look at REAL NFL games so next year this can be taken down and shipped out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
This is something that EA should look into and start using to get their "its in the game" motto correct. If Ian is listening Thats what EA needs to get to to make the presentation right. look at REAL NFL games so next year this can be taken down and shipped out.
At one point, EA had it right, but they took out those things that gave it that edge.

What happened to the opening videos that showed a player or cheerleader saying "EA Sports. If it's in the game, it's in the game." followed by a nice video compilation of spectacular hits, catches, runs, etc.??
Now, there's a loading screen followed by "press start". BOOOOORING!!

What happened to the soundtracks??
I'm a big fan of the classic NFL, but those vintage NFL tracks are wearing on me at this point. The remixed versions too. If EA is "catering to the casual fan", a fix in this department is necessary.

What happened to the guys being at midfield for the coin toss??
Now, it's just a coin and a selection screen. "Heads or Tails" BOOOOORING!!

What happened to showing the star players on the field stretching, running, etc., during the pregame comments??
After the coin toss selection screen, there's the kickoff. BOOOOORING!!

What happened to the players getting hyped before the kickoff??
(Tumbleweed blows by)

All that said, I do believe Madden 09 will be a GREAT game this year, but I think the things that were taken out (updated and tweaked of'course) would've taken it over the top. Maybe 2010.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 06-21-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #23
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
At one point, EA had it right, but they took out those things that gave it that edge.

What happened to the opening videos that showed a player or cheerleader saying "EA Sports. If it's in the game, it's in the game." followed by a nice video compilation of spectacular hits, catches, runs, etc.??
Now, there's a loading screen followed by "press start". BOOOOORING!!

What happened to the soundtracks??
I'm a big fan of the classic NFL, but those vintage NFL tracks are wearing on me at this point. The remixed versions too. If EA is "catering to the casual fan", a fix in this department is necessary.

What happened to the guys being at midfield for the coin toss??
Now, it's just a coin and a selection screen. "Heads or Tails" BOOOOORING!!

What happened to showing the star players on the field stretching, running, etc., during the pregame comments??
After the coin toss selection screen, there's the kickoff. BOOOOORING!!

What happened to the players getting hyped before the kickoff??
(Tumbleweed blows by)

All that said, I do believe Madden 09 will be a GREAT game this year, but I think the things that were taken out (updated and tweaked of'course) would've taken it over the top. Maybe 2010.
to put it in concrete. these suggestions have been put out on the threads in forums for years and right now so its out there.. so they now know..thats all im gonna say. no more reasons or unknown knowledge.

Last edited by mastershake88; 06-22-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:02 AM   #24
Rookie

LincSink's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow I really liked some of the gameplay I saw in that video. The Brady completion to Gaffney was a pass down the seam that you see in NFL games but usually don't happen in Madden because the db's get there too quick, that's encouraging to me. In terms of presentation, I agree that more is needed (coin toss, or could you imagine a chain-gang measurement on a 4th and 1 QB sneak?) but I am glad to see that I will feel more "immersed" in the game thanks to the overlays and commentary (even if it's bad at least it will all be new to us this year). Everything I've seen in videos looks smooth and polished and I like that.

All in all, I'm looking forward to this game because I see more "sim" creeping in and the new presentation puts this ahead of NCAA for me (I can't take Corso and company for another year).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »