Home

whatever happened to the old producers of EA?

This is a discussion on whatever happened to the old producers of EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
whatever happened to the old producers of EA?

what a difference a year makes! Whatever happend to the old producer of EA (david ortiz)
he pratically ruined the game. what a difference the with new crew (peter moore) the game looks leap years ahead from last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: whatever happened to the old producers of EA?

I think it has a lot to do with the producers now able to interact with the community now.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
what a difference a year makes! Whatever happend to the old producer of EA (david ortiz)
he pratically ruined the game. what a difference the with new crew (peter moore) the game looks leap years ahead from last year.
this is the reason they bought Pete Moore in. the Nfl 2k series he helped get of the ground which we 2k fans love, he helped right the ship at microsoft, and now he's going to put EA back on the map. david ortiz sucked at making madden( his crew basically ruined madden of the last 4 years). Pete Moore brought in a new staff and look what's going on now, in 2 years madden will be the ish mark my words.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Peter Moore isn't the head developer/producer for Madden, its Phil Frazier. Phil is the man behind the PS2/Xbox Madden's that people really enjoyed.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Peter Moore isn't the head developer/producer for Madden, its Phil Frazier. Phil is the man behind the PS2/Xbox Madden's that people really enjoyed.
It makes me wonder why it took four years to get him to the Xbox 360 and PS3 side of things rather than David Ortiz, who sounded very enthusiastic about his product, but didn't deliver a product worth being proud of at all.

Phil should be very proud of the way Madden 05 and 06 were on last gen, and hopefully given time, we can get the same level of satisfaction as those games...or a significant competitor can enter and force their hand.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

You guys are posting a lot of incorrect information there isn't a whole new team working on Madden and contrary to popular belief D.Ortiz was singing this song last year about more community involvement.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No but he is the head of the entire EA Sports line now. Between what he did for Sega back in the day helping to launch the dreamcast in the US, and also working with at the time the Sega sports teams. To helping Microsoft get the 360 on the market with a great stable of titles and developer support. The timing of him joining EA Sports, and the turn around that has started to happen across the entire EA Sports line is hardly coincidental.

Mr Frazier and Ian and the rest of the team deserve their share of the credit of course when it comes to Madden, as does David Littman and his team for NHL, but without solid leadership from management and the go ahead to get involved with the community more and earlier in the dev cycle, I really think Mr. Moore deserves some props as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:22 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

I think should just wait and play the game before making all these assumptions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »