Home

New gameplay blog ideas?

This is a discussion on New gameplay blog ideas? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: New gameplay blog ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Dev process it quiet naysayers.

But i'd love to see the new catch system and how it works. Playing the ncaa demo, the boble catches and tip ints were magnificent. And i'm sure they're better for madden because the players are more skillful and make more spectacular catches.
After playing the NCAA 09 demo, I agree with you. This year with madden is going to be SICK!!!!!!!!! The ncaa demo, with the excellent upfield blocking and WEIGHT to the players. I also love the speed, takes players a sec to get going. I hope this kind of stuff is in madden aswell.

As far as your question IAN.

I say for sure either blocking or catching. I mean it is a gameplay blog and don't quit see how the development process is gameplay. That should be a different blog in itself.

Ian you are the man, so whatever you choose to do the blog on I am sure we will all be excitied
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

The obvious for me is simple:

The Benefits of staying in the pocket. You should show why staying in the pocket makes for a better overall experience and showing results of the traditional "madden way" of dropping back to infinity. A walk through of one play against the same defense, one showing the correct drop and sitting in the pocket taking a snap shot to survey the field, and then dropping back 15 to 20 yards rolling left or right and show how the play breaks down and your reduce chances of being successful.

The blog should show how the OLine is relying upon you to hold up your end of the bargain by staying in the pocket. You should get together with the guy who did the play diagrams to show how that play should work versus how it works in real life film breakdown.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #11
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

the development timeline and process would be an awsome thing to read as it would put my complaining in perspective. like once i see all that goes on and how long stuff takes I might be more realistic in my expectations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #12
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

I think a blog on the development process would be helpful and interesting.

How are priorities set? How did the jump to next gen affect the process? How has the process been refined? How has the community played a bigger role? How do you see the process working in the future?

Blogging about individual gameplay features is fine, but providing an overview of the development process first would set up those blogs nicely by putting them in perspective.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Hey guys,
Wanted to throw it out there for you all...if I was to write a new gameplay blog, what would you want it to be about?

Some ideas I'd had:
- Changes to blocking for 09
- The new catch system and how it actually works
- Some of the new ratings - what do all of them do?
- The development process behind the scenes - how do cuts get made, what the dev timeline looks like, etc
Etc

So if you want to see one of mine above, or see something totally different (again gameplay-related only), then post away.

- Ian
I'd like to see all of them at one point but if I had to pick one I'd say the dev process.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
The obvious for me is simple:

The Benefits of staying in the pocket. You should show why staying in the pocket makes for a better overall experience and showing results of the traditional "madden way" of dropping back to infinity. A walk through of one play against the same defense, one showing the correct drop and sitting in the pocket taking a snap shot to survey the field, and then dropping back 15 to 20 yards rolling left or right and show how the play breaks down and your reduce chances of being successful.

The blog should show how the OLine is relying upon you to hold up your end of the bargain by staying in the pocket. You should get together with the guy who did the play diagrams to show how that play should work versus how it works in real life film breakdown.

Does Madden really work this way? I have never noticed? If it does I would like the blog to be about this or what each rating impacts on the field.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

All of your(Ian) ideas are great.

Definitely a development processes behind the scenes blog first. It could then be pinned to the top of this forum as a quick response to all the uninformed rants about resource utilization and feature implementation.

Then ratings, blocking, and catching in that order.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Hey guys,
Wanted to throw it out there for you all...if I was to write a new gameplay blog, what would you want it to be about?

Some ideas I'd had:
- Changes to blocking for 09
- The new catch system and how it actually works
- Some of the new ratings - what do all of them do?
- The development process behind the scenes - how do cuts get made, what the dev timeline looks like, etc
Etc

So if you want to see one of mine above, or see something totally different (again gameplay-related only), then post away.

- Ian
I'd really like to see the development process. The rest are probably of more value to the community as a whole.

I'd love to see something on difficulty settings... specifics on where sliders are applied in-game, how the difficulty settings affect gameplay... something that'll give tuners a bit more insight into the things they're working with.

For example, there have been theories on Defensive Knockdown that this only applies to defensive bats at the line, that it applies to all defensive swats, there's the theory that the the interception and knockdown sliders have a direct effect on one another, etc.. I'd love to see these things cleared up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »