Home

Quite simply will sim play be rewarded in 09

This is a discussion on Quite simply will sim play be rewarded in 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Quite simply will sim play be rewarded in 09

Well, all I know is there will NEVER be "sim" QB play until Madden gets a "pocket".
Old 06-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #10
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I've never considered Madden 'sim'.It doesn't seem meant to be.Certainly more arcade style.The play of the o-line vs. d-line has and will determine that.

If you want sim play 2k5.There are updated rosters for the xbox you know.
Updated rosters for NFL 2k5 can't be used on line so that ends that right there. You can always get a sim game against the CPU , I believe the OP was referring to on line play against another human oppnent.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Last week I heard a kid give this advice, "the 4-3 defense is really only for man-2-man coverage". What?!? Would he care to explain those NFL teams running the cover-2 defense from the 4-3 formation?

That some kid doesn't know the difference between a formation and a cover shell is not surprising. But that the same kid can be a hella good gamer on All-Madden is sad. Stick skills trump knowledge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto07
Last week I heard a kid give this advice, "the 4-3 defense is really only for man-2-man coverage". What?!? Would he care to explain those NFL teams running the cover-2 defense from the 4-3 formation?

That some kid doesn't know the difference between a formation and a cover shell is not surprising. But that the same kid can be a hella good gamer on All-Madden is sad. Stick skills trump knowledge.
So sad but oh so true with madden
Old 06-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Im afraid that probably 80-90% of maddens fan base is the 'never punt, if Im not scoring on every drive Im bored' kind of player. So, like a lot of things with madden, I wouldnt hold my breath.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Im afraid that probably 80-90% of maddens fan base is the 'never punt, if Im not scoring on every drive Im bored' kind of player. So, like a lot of things with madden, I wouldnt hold my breath.
Exactly what i was thinking.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 06-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

I have long been an advocate of an additional online gameplay setting - ranked, unranked and REALISTIC. In realistic mode, REAL penalties would occur in-game to penalize people who do things excessively that woul not be considered "football" to anyone but a member of the aptly describe Mountain Dew Nation.

Example? QB scrambling around (in ADDITION to the idea of disappearing icons to somewhat represent a QB running wiithout still scanning the field ) should cause OL-men to wander downfield (ILLEGAL), grab their man and take him down (ILLEGAL) or simply not be able to maintain contact with the defender WITHOUT cheating in some manner (holding, clipping, illegal hands to the face, etc.)

If that was what awaited a player 9 times out of 10 (instead of being able to scramble for huge yards or throw ludicrouly accurate deep passes on a dead run over and over), we would see the nonsense get shelved.

Sadly though, someone earlier in this thread hit it on the head....a boatload of the Madden audience DO like that and have grown up playing ONLY that style of play. Because the sim-crowd, especially the sim-online crowd, is a distinct minority, the chances of this happening before marketing runs out of back-of-the-box selling points that take precedence each year is slim and none....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I have long been an advocate of an additional online gameplay setting - ranked, unranked and REALISTIC. In realistic mode, REAL penalties would occur in-game to penalize people who do things excessively that woul not be considered "football" to anyone but a member of the aptly describe Mountain Dew Nation.

Example? QB scrambling around (in ADDITION to the idea of disappearing icons to somewhat represent a QB running wiithout still scanning the field ) should cause OL-men to wander downfield (ILLEGAL), grab their man and take him down (ILLEGAL) or simply not be able to maintain contact with the defender WITHOUT cheating in some manner (holding, clipping, illegal hands to the face, etc.)

If that was what awaited a player 9 times out of 10 (instead of being able to scramble for huge yards or throw ludicrouly accurate deep passes on a dead run over and over), we would see the nonsense get shelved.

Sadly though, someone earlier in this thread hit it on the head....a boatload of the Madden audience DO like that and have grown up playing ONLY that style of play. Because the sim-crowd, especially the sim-online crowd, is a distinct minority, the chances of this happening before marketing runs out of back-of-the-box selling points that take precedence each year is slim and none....
Great post bro

Sadly Ian has talked about the "SIM mode" but we all here at OS know that EA, the powerhouse of the gaming world will not let $$$$$$ signs slip for the sake of "realism" so we will ALWAYS see madden as a casual game first and a PURE HARDCORE SIM last.

Sad but true!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »