Home

Question about the "NEW" weather affects?

This is a discussion on Question about the "NEW" weather affects? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Question about the "NEW" weather affects?

Id rather have the weather affect the way the game is played
Old 07-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #18
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Anyone ever play Joe Montana Sports Talk Football on the Sega Genesis?

That was the first game to have working weather. The game could start out as a light rain and change over to snow as the temperatures dropped. It would also start and stop, heavy to light and so on. Talk about an amazing game and was extremely fun to play. I remember the guys I used to work with, that is all we would talk about all day and what happened during our games. That was on the Sega Genesis I remind you!

Even the announcer would say. "It is beginning to snow" or "It is beginning to rain." What was even more amazing was the weather actually affected the game. More fumbles, more dropped passes, players slipping and slidding, passes being too short or over thrown. That game was a head of it's time and I can't remember another football game even coming close to what that game did or the fun factor that it brought to the table. I ask for working weather that impacts the game every year but it is always last on their agendas. With the exception of visuals, weather really doesn't do a thing in EA's football games.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #19
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Anyone ever play Joe Montana Sports Talk Football on the Sega Genesis?
That game is a classic. The only name announced was Montana. The announcer would say: "It's a blizzard out there" I do remember on the easiest level you could zig zag down the field every time and not get tackled.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
That game is a classic. The only name announced was Montana. The announcer would say: "It's a blizzard out there" I do remember on the easiest level you could zig zag down the field every time and not get tackled.
joe montata's were the ISH

many kids on here werent in 1st grade when this was out. thank god i was a teenager

i LOVED 94, with the 60 yard qb vision. what a great game.

i used to have my money play that could never be defended.....im still not telling what it is but it was a streak down the sideline....lol

shoot i even LOVED bill walsh college football and tony larussa baseball for genesis!!!

then ken griffey baseball for snes

or bases loaded for reg nes
Old 07-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #21
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
joe montata's were the ISH

many kids on here werent in 1st grade when this was out. thank god i was a teenager

i LOVED 94, with the 60 yard qb vision. what a great game.

i used to have my money play that could never be defended.....im still not telling what it is but it was a streak down the sideline....lol

shoot i even LOVED bill walsh college football and tony larussa baseball for genesis!!!

then ken griffey baseball for snes

or bases loaded for reg nes
You just named all of the games that I loved. I use to use streaks too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #22
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Who could forget, "The rain is coming down harder"

"He sees daylight, knocked down" - all said while you are already starting the next play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »