Home

So, what would it take?

This is a discussion on So, what would it take? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
So, what would it take?

I just finished reading the Madden has gone gold thread.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/253563-madden-nfl-09-goes-gold.html

It seems the majority of people that posted are a bit upset or disappointed that the game is complete 7 week before it's release.

First off let me tell all of you I'm one of the biggest Madden haters around. For the past 3 years I've made it my goal to get that years Madden and find every bug possible and plaster it all over the internet. In doing this it was my hope that those of us who support EA by buying Madden every year would take one year off, and let EA take a huge hit , forcing them to re-think the way they make this game. I had also hoped that if everyone did take a year off the NFL would possibly not choose to re-new the exclusive contract with EA. But as we all know that's water under the bridge, no one took a year off Madden 08 had more then 15 major bugs and it still sold millions of copies.

All that said, I have been impressed with all the interaction here between forum members and the guys at EA. It has me believing that these guys do care, and they do want to give us the game we want. I know Madden 09 will not be that game, they started asking questions to late in the year to get everything into the game, but, Madden 09 does look to be much improved over the past 3 years games.

After playing 08 I swore I would not buy 09 this year. but after reading Ian's posts and seeing all the game play footage, I've been sucked back in and I've already got Madden 09 pre ordered.
My reason for this post and my question to you is, if by chance Madden 09 is just another bug filled, unplayable game, would that finally be enough for everyone to take 2010 off? Or would we all believe the hype again next year?

If Madden 09 tanks, and I don't think it will, we've got to send a message, don't we?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: So, what would it take?

I feel you, and sometimes agree, but to be honest, the average consumer doesn't care. Thats the problem we are facing. Whether the 500 or so gamerz on here take a year off or not... the "only" NFL liesensed game in the world will sell.

It sucks, it's not fair, but there is really nothing we can do. Its like McDonalds franchised the Cheeseburger, anytime you wanted a Cheeseburger, it had to be McDonalds, do you think the whole world is going to stop eating Cheeseburgers? (even from McDonalds).

Its the same thing here, regardless of how good the game is, how much effort they put in the game, even how much the game sells for... its based off the NFL popularity, not the game.

I must admit Madden looks great this year and im more excited then ive ever been, but I would love another game (I bought every NFL game, Madden, 2K, Gameday) ... I would love to eat a different Cheeseburger.

But it's plain and simple, (its not about gaming anymore), what option does the NFL Fan have...

None.

To play or not to play, for a true NFL fan and gamer, that's not a question... there lies the problem. EA, hook line and sinker.

Your efforts in a bigger picture would mean nothing, just being honest.

Last edited by dbshady; 06-26-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

you won't have to send a message. If Madden '09 "tanks" Ian and Phil and the others that are on here at OS will know about it, trust me.

And you bought Madden the last three years just so that you could post all the bugs about it on the internet? All I can say is,....wow!

Oh and your hope that everyone takes a year off....never gonna happen my friend. Never gonna happen.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

It would be much better if the EA team would have released Madden every other year. I'm very tired of the same game every year and the team still trying to catch up to the amount of features in the old XBOX/PS2 games.
I've found it rediculous how much the franchise mode has sucked (being a person who plays primarily single player), and the fact that it still hasn't been fixed in 09 and they decided to spend most of their resources on presentation and terrible player celebrations is a slap in the face.

But nothing will ever change. People are just sheep and will buy it year in and year out because of the Madden name.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks
It would be much better if the EA team would have released Madden every other year. I'm very tired of the same game every year and the team still trying to catch up to the amount of features in the old XBOX/PS2 games.
I've found it rediculous how much the franchise mode has sucked (being a person who plays primarily single player), and the fact that it still hasn't been fixed in 09 and they decided to spend most of their resources on presentation and terrible player celebrations is a slap in the face.

But nothing will ever change. People are just sheep and will buy it year in and year out because of the Madden name.
I don't have to try to figure out who I am anymore. Because I'm apparently a sheep. BAA- BAA

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-25-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

i'm buying the game and nothing can stop me. not even unemployment. i just love football too much.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
Pro

lol another 1 of those lets not get 15 million people to buy madden theorys..they make me laugh every time. Good luck having ne luck with that since its the only football game around. You are obv not a huge football fan since the only reason you buy it is to mock it instead of enjoying the features it does have to offer. My question to you is. Why dont you just stop buying madden if it dissapoints you so much and move on to other things instead of wasting a day or two nit picking at every detail?

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:32 PM   #8
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
My question to you is. Why dont you just stop buying madden if it dissapoints you so much and move on to other things instead of wasting a day or two nit picking at every detail?
Now where's the fun it that? Like i said so far Madden 09 is looking good, so there should be no need for even asking the question I did. It's just a what if. I was curious if after 4 attempts if the game is still very poor, if people would still buy it in 2010. just a simple question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »