Home

Questions about PS3 vs. 360

This is a discussion on Questions about PS3 vs. 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Questions about PS3 vs. 360

Okay I have some questions that hopefully you guys can help me out with. My friend and I play a franchise together and have been doing so for the last 5 years or so. Last year we played it on the 360 but had to have some troubles sending the file back and forth via the internet. We used the transfer kit to send it to each other (we live an hour away from each other) but Microsoft made it so the only way we could transfer the file is if we saved the file under a guest profile and then open it with the exact same guest profile on his HD (pain in the A$$!!).

We both now own a 360 and a PS3 and so we weren't sure on what system we were going to get it on. I will be getting NCAA as well and want to be able to download rosters and whatnot.

All we do is play offline Franchise. Does anyone know if it is easier to transfer the file on the PS3? I have heard you can just put it on a jumpdrive and hook that up to your computer, can anyone confirm? Any answers you guys have to help me lean one way or the other would be great... seeing as I only have like 3 weeks until NCAA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Questions about PS3 vs. 360

You're correct. On the PS3 it is a breeze compared to the 360. Just download, save to the flash drive and transfer it to the PS3.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

360 is the default platform, ps3 is the port and yes I own both....
Old 06-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
Rookie

I really don't think there will be any noticable difference between the two different systems. I just really care about what is easier.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

For 09, couldn't you guys just play the franchise in an online league?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2008, 12:44 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
I dont think so. We do fantasy draft as well as we like to play our head to head games in person. We usually end up going about 20 seasons or so... and from what I have heard the online leagues are watered down.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
Not the way they do it...Maddens online league has a wonky setup and isn't a true league....it's more like a bunch of people playing with what ever team they want (yes you can have 10 people playing with the colts for example) with no divisions, no super bowl....it's lame. It doesn't represent or even simulate a real NFL season in any way shape or form. Rather than trying to simulate a real season for online leagues, EA comes up with this hair brained idea and I don't understand it. Please send this message to EA:

"very few people are gonna be happy with online leagues until it reflects the real NFL season and you can play an online league with cpu simulated games for teams that a human doesn't control"

So instead of evolving to the inevitable decision of designing it that way over the next 3-4 years, just take the time now and do it. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. The template has already been made (the real NFL)...just copy it. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Last edited by Radioactiveman; 06-27-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Not the way they do it...Maddens online league has a wonky setup and isn't a true league....it's more like a bunch of people playing with what ever team they want (yes you can have 10 people playing with the colts for example) with no divisions, no super bowl....it's lame. It doesn't represent or even simulate a real NFL season in any way shape or form. Rather than trying to simulate a real season for online leagues, EA comes up with this hair brained idea and I don't understand it. Please send this message to EA:

"very few people are gonna be happy with online leagues until it reflects the real NFL season and you can play an online league with cpu simulated games for teams that a human doesn't control"

So instead of evolving to the inevitable decision of designing it that way over the next 3-4 years, just take the time now and do it. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. The template has already been made (the real NFL)...just copy it. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Is all that true? Damn.....i new NCAA's online dynasty was pretty legit with it basically carrying all offline features online, but Madden really doesnt ahve the real schedule and you can play with multiple people as one team?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »