Home

No defensive assignments

This is a discussion on No defensive assignments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
No defensive assignments

Well I found out that there will be no defensive assignments for Madden 09. So we missed out on it in 08 and 09 and they said the earliest is Madden 2010. What a load of crap.

Why is it us on the 360/PS3's have to wait to get features that last gen already has?

Oh Madden IQ and stupid touchdown celebrations. Here's an idea, quit putting things in the games then taking them out.

Hardcore football guys loved that feature. It was in NFL 2K5 yet we have to wait till 2010 that's even and IF they put it back in.

This whole NFL license deal was a bad thing from the very beginning.

Let 2k Sports compete with an NFL license. Hardcore football guys are tired of what it seems to be this game being catered to a bunch of 10 year old kids.

People are going to ABUSE switching their top receiver around the whole game while you cannot do anything about it but "guess" where he will be.

Defensive assignments are great to put a guy like Bailey on Moss the whole game so he follows him.

But hey, like what EA Sports continues to say about everything, "MAYBE NEXT YEAR." Them and their stupid gimmicks are getting out of hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: No defensive assignments

wow. is it that serious?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImReady77
wow. is it that serious?
For hardcore football guys to a point, yes. Guys on defense are getting tired of the offense switching Harrison, Moss, Holt etc putting them up against other cb's to have them beat.

Defensive assignments was one of the best things. By having a Bailey on Moss the whole game you didn't have to worry about where Moss was lining up then had to focus extra attention on him so your crappy cb wouldn't get beat down the field.

It is serious when a part of the game gets exploited and the defense can do nothing but "guess" where the top receivers are going to line up.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm not going be as negative as this guy, but if true, there is little excuse for the lack of defensive assignments in the the Madden 09, 4th next-generation.

Is he talking about assigning certain defensive players on certain offensive players? That was on of the first things I'd set up and was a big part of my stratagey. Who wants your slowest db on the faster wr. It was also nice to assign a safety or good coverage linebacker to a elite TE and such.

Hopefully this is in the game?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I'm not going be as negative as this guy, but if true, there is little excuse for the lack of defensive assignments in the the Madden 09, 4th next-generation.

Is he talking about assigning certain defensive players on certain offensive players? That was on of the first things I'd set up and was a big part of my stratagey. Who wants your slowest db on the faster wr. It was also nice to assign a safety or good coverage linebacker to a elite TE and such.

Hopefully this is in the game?
Yes thats what I am talking about and no, someone from EA said it will not be in the game but maybe in 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
MVP

Well I'm glad I still got my Ps2 and xbox, as an option.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Im hyped for madden but its pretty sad that this is not in. Its pretty important for strategy and playing online when people will do anything to win. If someone did a formation package where the #1 wideout was the slot receiver you can pose a lot of mismatches.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
MVP

The fact that developers have allowed us to do such easy formation substitutions in Next-Gen Madden 09 is another reason having defensive assignments is so vital. I don't understand there absense at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »