Home

Seriously, whats all the fuss about?

This is a discussion on Seriously, whats all the fuss about? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Seriously, whats all the fuss about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Agree with all of what Adem says, but I think we may have to wait until next gen to get to legendary status. I think all we can hope for this gen is to get back to last gen quality and surpass it a bit.

What I am really hoping for is that they learn from their mistakes from this gen. Some things that could be took from these misteps are:

1. Completely new engine for next gen (720, ps4)

2. Get the gameplay right from year 1, then add features if they can't carry over all of them. (we're on year 4 and they're still working out the gameplay)

4. True physics engine to make things easier for animations.

5. Interaction with fanbase to keep people informed, happy, and to get feedback....

my 2cents....
I hope they don't call it xbox 720....that would be an abomination...lol
Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Whats all the fuss about? Its football. People get excited and people get their hopes up. Happens every year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #11
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

CB - your avatar says 10 days? Might you be getting it early?

This game has taken some huge leaps forward and imo, they are getting their act together. This interaction with the community is a TON better than years past where we heard nothing and were left to wonder or complain to no one

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

I think I'll skip this year and get 10. I'm a little stale with the madden identity itself. That's not to say it's a bad game, but I have enough liesure from other games to keep me busy. i still haven't put COD down and I haven't even gotten into my GTA 4 yet. I just started playing NFL 2k5, i still play NBA 2k8. There's not enough leisure to go around.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 06-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
CB - your avatar says 10 days? Might you be getting it early?

This game has taken some huge leaps forward and imo, they are getting their act together. This interaction with the community is a TON better than years past where we heard nothing and were left to wonder or complain to no one
I might

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #14
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

I was just thinking the same thing while in the 'next gen football expectations' thread.

What really has changed/upped the ante from last year to this (besides fixes) that has everyone so excited??
Ive watched Ians full game vid a few times and aside from some small tweaks (and graphics), Im at a loss as to whats really evolved since '05 much less '08.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
Like many of you, i have been suckered into buying madden since 07', with EA saying each year that this one will be better than the last. With 07' alot could be said, but lets be honest and say almost nothing about it can be reflected in a positive way. Yeah, it was better than 06' and hell so was Tecmo Superbowl.

08' was a complete disaster for those including myself that are Franchise junkies. Plus, to top it off they never really fixed the almighty glitch that froze up every console and franchise across the world. Yet they left it up to us to find a work around just to get things to work right. The visuals were almost the same, it played the same...oh wait...gang tackles right...yeah the same 3-4 animations EVERYTIME.

Now comes 09'. EA is back at it again this year with the tooting of there own horns on what they have accomplished this year. Or should i say the lack there of? Oh boy, they took away the radio guy...they improved the visuals, tweaked the tackling A LITTLE that still has probably the same animations wither it be solo or gang, with probably a few new ones that will look good for the first 20 times you see it. Did i read something about trio tackling? I about rolled over laughing at the news that FINALLY after 3 years of next gen, they reveal the "clear visor".

Now, dont get me wrong, i dont exactly hate madden all together or REALLY hate EA, its just this year there REALLY sugar coating there problems by revealing "NEW" visuals this year, that they cant seam to stop pounding out pictures each and every week. Call me a bluff, but i think there new market direction is simply to sell madden largely based on its "outstanding" visuals. Hundreds including myself have said that football isnt and shouldnt be all about visuals and should be more about what is going on, ON the field. I predict this years edition will have another game killing issue, not to mention new problems.

So the point of all of this, is like the thread name...what is all the fuss about? What will make this madden any better?, hell even the guy in the interviews on IGN says nothing new has really been updated in terms of franchise, but to "Wait till next year". I want the thoughts from the hardcore franchise players that live and breath that mode like i do. What other than the visuals is worth going out and standing in front of a game store till midnight just to go home and find out something doesnt play right?
I am excited.

Last edited by thudias; 06-30-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
I think I'll skip this year and get 10. I'm a little stale with the madden identity itself. That's not to say it's a bad game, but I have enough liesure from other games to keep me busy. i still haven't put COD down and I haven't even gotten into my GTA 4 yet. I just started playing NFL 2k5, i still play NBA 2k8. There's not enough leisure to go around.

Why are you on a Madden board?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »