Home

Biggest Problem In The Game

This is a discussion on Biggest Problem In The Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Biggest Problem In The Game

Im sorry to say but every single video i have seen of Madden or NCAA for that matter has a solo tackle.

Even the gang tackle looks so cheesy and tacked on.

Every video I have ever seen of a running back or reciever it is a solo tackle (which rarely and i mean rarely, ever happens to a running back).

Play All Pro

Its real
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 01:31 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Biggest Problem In The Game

Complaining about it is not really going to help. Gang tackling has really improved for Madden 09 actually. There was an entire thread on it.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think the new gang tackling animations are much improved, but their still are way to many instances when their is one defender making the play. Their needs to be some sort of increase in the aggression of the AI to come in and clean up the play.

Too much standing around and watching the nearest defender make the tackle. The AI needs to see the tackler make contact and immediately continue towards the ballcarrier until the whistle blows.

This would improve things immensely imo because I think the tackling animations look nice this year. (except for the occasional "blow up" tackle)
Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

I don't think it's fair to make any judgment until we get to play Madden 09. What we have seen is pretty limited. It seems, this year, they made the tackling engine a priority.

I don't think it looks cheesy, it looks pretty good. Though from what I've seen so far I still enjoy the way the Nfl2k5 gang-tackling engine looks in motion.

I guess I'll have to wait for the Madden demo to make a fair judgment.

Your right about running backs getting taking down by one guy, real defenses usually swarm 2 the running back and most running backs can keep running if it's an average tackler. One guy usually engages a tackle and others help.

This is especially true with runs up the gut.

Last edited by maddenps2; 07-01-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 AM   #5
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13
Im sorry to say but every single video i have seen of Madden or NCAA for that matter has a solo tackle.

Even the gang tackle looks so cheesy and tacked on.

Every video I have ever seen of a running back or reciever it is a solo tackle (which rarely and i mean rarely, ever happens to a running back).

Play All Pro

Its real
dude throwing All Pro up at him will not get his attention. first off if you have xbox live on psn you can get the ncaa 09 demo and see some of the new animations, tackles, and even feel the college atomsphere that they have been blogging about the last few months. second play the demo and just enjoy the game. read my underline term after jburna, it will help you
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

lol i love how people act like all pro is some godly reference in football gaming i mean i have both games and both games do certain things better than the other but stop acting like its all that great cause it really isnt i didnt play that any longer than i played madden 08 before i went back to ps2 version
Old 07-01-2008, 04:30 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13

Play All Pro

Its real

i'd rather not
Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #8
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Sorry I should have locked this thread when I gave the red card. It won't be pretty if its left open.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »