Home

Madden 07's Grapics = Amazing

This is a discussion on Madden 07's Grapics = Amazing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 07's Grapics = Amazing

Those graphics were serviceable. Nothing about them said amazing. I remember bringing the game home that night after mid-night and my friends and I were actually disappointed with the graphics. That 30 fps was a killer at times. u got used to it though.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 07-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #18
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

What the....I had no idea the models were that bad. Guess you don't realize how far some things have come until you compare the two side by side. Holy crap those were terrible models.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #19
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Man I was coming in to get some of whatever Cdon was smokin'. 07 was only better looking than 06. Well, 08 but they were jackin around the graphics to get PS3 up to 60 FPS. (cough, POS video solution, cough, cough) But I digress. For mine 09 looks to be the best football game ever, visuals wise. Of course I'm loving the new camera already. I have no qualms whatsoever. I want it to fly around more! LOL......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #20
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Man I was coming in to get some of whatever Cdon was smokin'. 07 was only better looking than 06. Well, 08 but they were jackin around the graphics to get PS3 up to 60 FPS. (cough, POS video solution, cough, cough) But I digress. For mine 09 looks to be the best football game ever, visuals wise. Of course I'm loving the new camera already. I have no qualms whatsoever. I want it to fly around more! LOL......
Eh, basically I just went back and played 07 and it does look better than 08 and 06. For all of the Madden bashing that goes on, I think the graphics get the least credit, yes they aren't perfect, but with all of the people saying "just up rez the ps2 version", we should appreciate the graphics as they are easily the best thing about next gen.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Player models were kinda bad, but the details, lighting, and player movements where better than 08. Some of that is due to the 60 fps lock (which I am all for by the way), but I just wanted to post something positive, because I think the graphics could possibly be the best thing about the next gen editions.
I must respectfully disagree with you here....player movements in 2007 were better than 2006 but light-years WORSE than 2008 and not even in the same sport as 2009....

Every one has their own opinion about what makes great graphics in a game, but to me the player animations and controls of 2006 and 2007 were abominations that make it impossible to enjoy those versions. I find 2008 to be the best overall graphics package in the series to date on XB360 - mainly because I feel the player movements and animations in 2008 were better than the others by a good margin...maybe the resolution was dropped to hold the frame-rate, but I honestly don't notice that unless I get into super close-ups in replay mode...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 09:17 PM   #22
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Eh, basically I just went back and played 07 and it does look better than 08 and 06. For all of the Madden bashing that goes on, I think the graphics get the least credit, yes they aren't perfect, but with all of the people saying "just up rez the ps2 version", we should appreciate the graphics as they are easily the best thing about next gen.
I'm just givin you grief. Actually textures-wise 07 had some good stuff with it. The hunched back monkeys were still there, though. What's funny is that 09's camera is an evolution of 07, not 08. Yeah, I went back and played 07 and the camera was pretty good. But the King Kong plays NFL was too much for my nostalgia to hold.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #23
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I agree. Madden 09 is the best looking football game to date. If they had more detailed sidelines, refs & chain gangs, more crowd variation, and exact broadcast camera work, I think it'd be damn near perfect.
What Sage said plus i would like to add taller player models.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #24
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
The player models in 06 and 07 were sooooooooooo bad. What the hell were they thinking with those beasts?
I agree...looks like a bunch steroid-out wrestlers.....This year's game looks to have some pretty good player models....Hopefully they keep those and improve on them for the following year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »