Home

Can't believe i'm buying MADDEN...AGAIN!!!...

This is a discussion on Can't believe i'm buying MADDEN...AGAIN!!!... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Can't believe i'm buying MADDEN...AGAIN!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
i think its not fair to compare the two like the previous post before said ...one is arcade the other is simulated.

what would we compare nfl tour to...its like comparing nba ballers to nba 2k8 or nba live. nfl tour is a game within a game and madden is strictly "pro football" .

i dont care if this phil guy created pacman..........its what he is going to do with madden that counts!!!!

So you claim that Ortiz pushed madden to become more arcadey and for the casual gamer, yet Phil left madden to lead a project to make an arcade style Football game.

Also the quality of a game has nothing to do with the style the game is supposed to be. NFL tour got poor reviews. People reviewed it based on the understanding that it was an arcade style game

So why can't you answer the question of who is to blame for the quality of that game. Stop avoiding my question.

Since you can so easily blame Ortiz for Madden.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #34
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

for starters if apf2k8(which i supported 100% and brought on day one) had franchise? pff it would have been curtains for madden 09 and beyond..because thats all I needed. what did they do...bare boned online only game that only sold 270,000 copies including mine i brought on the very first day. and then I brought mlb 2k8 and you guessed it white faces showing up...crowds moving and basically it was the madden 08 of baseball for 2k no response by the companies whatsoever...people forget one thing. I dont lose sleep getting madden 09 and ncaa 09 this year.

Even though what I wrote and said months earlier say different, Nice and good but im not obliged to be loyal to 2k, ubisoft ea or nothing else. just as they are not obliged to be loyal to me apparently the mlb 2k8 community wasnt loyal to me to send me patches.. I'm tired of waiting around..and I'm frankly tired of companies coming out with football games that actually have the opprotunity to give EA a run for their money constantly fall and choke..please...Customers need to wake up and realize what I realized....

2k, midway, microsoft..acclaim? they are not getting the license back...its done and get over it..in the past months i did. 2k had its chance and constant mistakes along with a barebones game caused that as well from the NFL maybe batting an eye at them to not. I'm the first to say differntly I loved 2k's games.. but i'm not waiting around anymore...congrats to those thinking not buying the game will make the NFL comeback to 2k it aint happenin..its been 4 almost 5 years...im not gonna wait either.. either way I dont care..life is too short to care about two companies that dont care about me...and also congrats to people who are ***** foot after buying this game either...if your going to do it if not? dont. at least I got a free Shirt of T after reserving mine.. good day..
Old 07-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Again I ask, are you David Ortiz or related to him somehow?

If NFL Tour is a lackluster game that was once a great series and then all the sudden took a nose dive under Phil's lead then obviously the blame lays at Phil's feet.

Let me ask a question now, how much success is a game like NFL Tour going or supposed to have? How great was its predecessors? Again, I don't think you can compare the two. Madden was once a proud franchise under one man that had taken a turn for the worse under another. Was Street/Tour ever a proud franchise or the flagship for EA?
Your arguments are warped, since Nfl Tour/Street wasn't ever considered a flagship series, it's quality under Phil's leadership has no merit?

Many reviews said the NFL tour took a step backwards and was simplified and stripped of the things that were good in NFL Street.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Your arguments are warped, since Nfl Tour/Street wasn't ever considered a flagship series, it's quality under Phil's leadership has no merit?

Many reviews said the NFL tour took a step backwards and was simplified and stripped of the things that were good in NFL Street.
Madden next gen was simplified and stripped of the things that were good in last gen.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
Madden next gen was simplified and stripped of the things that were good in last gen.
Everyone knows that.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

Do you even read what I post or just pick out the parts that you can argue with?

I said if the series to a backwards step or nose dived under Phil's leadership then the blame for that lays at his feet.

Why are you trying so hard to prove that Phil had a game "fail" under his leadership?

I honestly have no idea why this debate is even going on. Whether its fair to blame him or not, the fact remains that the series went from good to bad under Oritz's leadership. And I understand that maybe next gen is a different beast to develop for but that hasn't stopped the critics from pointing out the fact that they are frustrated with where the series is at on next gen. What was that thread you started?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Everyone knows that.
so Phil can be held accountable for such a thing but David gets a free pass?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Do you even read what I post or just pick out the parts that you can argue with?

I said if the series to a backwards step or nose dived under Phil's leadership then the blame for that lays at his feet.

Why are you trying so hard to prove that Phil had a game "fail" under his leadership?

I honestly have no idea why this debate is even going on. Whether its fair to blame him or not, the fact remains that the series went from good to bad under Oritz's leadership. And I understand that maybe next gen is a different beast to develop for but that hasn't stopped the critics from pointing out the fact that they are frustrated with where the series is at on next gen. What was that thread you started?
I'm not blaming Phil at all. I don't believe it at all. I'm just using YOUR mentality of blaming the lead producer for the quality of a game.

A games quality has so many parts to it. How much control does a lead producer even have, how do you know?

How do you know Ortiz wasn't trying to push the game in a positive direction, and others wouldn't listen, so he left???

Now do you see how fair your BLAME game is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »