Home

Can't believe i'm buying MADDEN...AGAIN!!!...

This is a discussion on Can't believe i'm buying MADDEN...AGAIN!!!... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #57
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Can't believe i'm buying MADDEN...AGAIN!!!...

Theres no point in this argument, both have their own point of view and won't change it.

Maddenps2 : vocal apf fanboy and ea *****

Countryboy : madden officianado

Hopefully Madden is good this year. I liked 08 [my first madden] and 09 looks good from what i've seen. Maybe i've been tricked , i don't know.

And concerning the op's statement. EA has a very good marketing team and its play with the NFL license has much market power.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Theres no point in this argument, both have their own point of view and won't change it.

Maddenps2 : vocal apf fanboy and ea *****

Countryboy : madden officianado

Hopefully Madden is good this year. I liked 08 [my first madden] and 09 looks good from what i've seen. Maybe i've been tricked , i don't know.

And concerning the op's statement. EA has a very good marketing team and its play with the NFL license has much market power.
All pro football lover? I haven't even played the game besides the demo on xbox live.

I'm an EA *****? I'm the one defending the blind attacks directly at an EA developer because they baseless. You should make sure you know what your talking about before posting it.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:10 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 13

I did not like the direction of Madden on next gen, until now. I am still skeptical.

My fears aside, I would guess that the amount of blame Ortiz is getting on these forums is over the top. Most of the complaints about the direction of Madden should most likely fall on the "suits". I have a hard time thinking that Ian or Phil were behind "holographic fields/players". I could be wrong, but I think the Madden IQ could have been done on a practice field with regular player models. I hate the fact that they spent the time to create the holographs!

The leadership above the producers at EA/Tiburon are our biggest problem. The crap that Ian has said came from the focus group indicates to me that they need to get a better representation of the "hardcore Maddenites" to be in that group.

I am not saying that none of the blame should fall on Ortiz, but I would bet that much of the BS (ring crap, holographics) is not directly his fault, it is BS that most likely came down from idiots that make too much money.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:15 AM   #60
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
hey whazzzzzzup , i hear you on david ortiz. I played ncaa on the ps3 and found it to choppy on the replays and the cut scenes. did you notice this? maybe its a ps3 thing

once i saw the new producers of EA i was in for another year
me too. i going to buy ncaa because at the EA event in New York City, my boss got a chance to play the game and he said it was great( the best sports game he has played since 2k5!!!!!) i trust his opinion because last year when i was about to be dooped into buying madden he told me the game was trash and let me have his.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT YEAR FOR FOOTBALL.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 07-06-2008, 02:23 AM   #61
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
last year i swore i wouldnt buy MADDEN09 after the poor showing of 08. but i've been playing the hell outta NCAA09 and i actually like it! if NCAA plays this well, MADDEN has to be just as good if not, better! plus when i heard hey got rid of David Ortiz (sexiest player models around, plz). i'll buy it but won't open it til i get some positive reliable reviews.

anyone else surprised they're giving this franchise another try?...
What the HELL are you playing? I personally had to download the NCAA 09 demo cause everyone knows madden plays similar to it. Man if that demo is anything like madden then 09 is in trouble. I felt like i was playing with Herman Munster when i took that snap and dropped back to pass. And the running game...or should i say the "All lineman fall down" game. Seriously, everytime i ran with LSU the entire front line missed there blocks, got beat or more often than any of them...got shoved on there fat a----. I know its on varsity, but i beat the oposition with over 200+ yards passing in an 8 min demo. I threw the bomb the entire game and only missed 2 passes...how crappy is that? I wonder if the final product can prove me wrong when i say its going to be the illustrious 3-peat disaster for EA.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 03:46 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
All pro football lover? I haven't even played the game besides the demo on xbox live.

I'm an EA *****? I'm the one defending the blind attacks directly at an EA developer because they baseless. You should make sure you know what your talking about before posting it.

You sure do come off as an EA *****, I think 9 out of every 10 posts I read from you is bitching about some feature or other of madden in the first place or how terrible EA is at this or that. CountryBoy is right btw, Madden NG under Otiz's leadership was not going in the direction it needed to go. I don't think its a coincidence that once he left Tiberon regardless of his input on 09, that the NG title seems to be finally heading in the right direction 4 years in. Is he solely to blame? Prolly not but as a lead project manager on ANY title sure as **** the blame is going to land at your feet.

And really the NFL Tour comparison isn't really a fair one, Phil was more thrown on that project than anything else as far as I can tell.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:50 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I did not like the direction of Madden on next gen, until now. I am still skeptical.

My fears aside, I would guess that the amount of blame Ortiz is getting on these forums is over the top. Most of the complaints about the direction of Madden should most likely fall on the "suits". I have a hard time thinking that Ian or Phil were behind "holographic fields/players". I could be wrong, but I think the Madden IQ could have been done on a practice field with regular player models. I hate the fact that they spent the time to create the holographs!

The leadership above the producers at EA/Tiburon are our biggest problem. The crap that Ian has said came from the focus group indicates to me that they need to get a better representation of the "hardcore Maddenites" to be in that group.

I am not saying that none of the blame should fall on Ortiz, but I would bet that much of the BS (ring crap, holographics) is not directly his fault, it is BS that most likely came down from idiots that make too much money.
The leadership above the producers is Peter Moore at this point, and if you have a problem with how he's helped turned around the NHL, Madden, and Fifa skus for the better so far then please stop playing sports titles. Sure Live still needs a ton of work but I'm sure they'll get there.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #64
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

it's always funny how when people get at madden people come out of the woodwork to defend it and just nail people to the wall here. without any respectable arguments or simply agree to disagree.

But when Apf 2k8 is talked bad about not one person gets the fire. It's Starting to become clear and evident of whats going on around here... I'm not liking it.

Last edited by mastershake88; 07-06-2008 at 09:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »