Home

not impressed with ncaa 09...........will madden be bettere?

This is a discussion on not impressed with ncaa 09...........will madden be bettere? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: not impressed with ncaa 09...........will madden be bettere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Ian do you know if these things are fixed for the retail version
I honestly don't know about NCAA. I am pretty positive it was fixed for Madden because we saw it on community day (on Moostache's machine) but I wasn't able to reproduce it on a latest build.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
I am going to go out on a limb and say he meant that they don't feel natural... It's not that hard to interpret was trying to get across. That being said, I felt the same as I was running all kinds of crazy angles trying to get to that darn mascot lol.... The desperate scramble looked weird and sometimes ended abruptly when I couldn't get to the mascot in time. The experience is a strange sense of emotions as at first your thinking, "heck yeah! I scored a touchdown!" and then your emotions move to desperation as you frantically try to get to the mascot in time. Is that a large enough explanation for ya?
This is very well put. What fixes would you make for next year?

1. Unlimited timer to get to the mascot?
2. Hit a button to "warp" or automatically trigger the mascot celebration?
3. Something else?
Old 07-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
This is very well put. What fixes would you make for next year?

1. Unlimited timer to get to the mascot?
2. Hit a button to "warp" or automatically trigger the mascot celebration?
3. Something else?
my vote would be, if you guys were going to change it, would be #2, to just hit a button to trigger the mascot celebration.

I for one like the fact of running over to the mascot. Sorta like taking a victory lap after winning a race.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

I for one like the fact of running over to the mascot. Sorta like taking a victory lap after winning a race.
Yeah me too - it's that extra level of taunting...kind of akin to the old Madden ambulance or making "Little Wayne's head bleed". I would maybe say number 1 seems like a good idea.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Yeah me too - it's that extra level of taunting...kind of akin to the old Madden ambulance or making "Little Wayne's head bleed". I would maybe say number 1 seems like a good idea.
Man, I loved the Ambulance. Anyhow, the only problem that I foresee with #1 is the fact that the user is physically having to make his player run to the mascot and I think that the actual moving the player to the mascot is part of the problem guys are having with the whole mascot thing.

Like I said, I enjoy it and wouldn't mind #1 or the fact of leaving it alone. Maybe we could have a combination of the two. For guys like you and I, who enjoy the extra taunting aspect of it, allow us to run over. For those that just wanna do the mascot celebration could press a button and warp their player over to him.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
I miss those days so much! I'd love to see injury cutscenes with those again, or the cart.

As for the TD celebrations, I like them. I'd like to have more say-so on them however. I like the idea of a unlimited timer as long as it can only be used offline (because there are players online who'd certainly abuse it) and can be switch on or off.

I also like the automatic trigger. I think a combination of both and having the ability to switch on or off would be great. I want to have master control over all kinds of stuff like that...

I swear I'm not a control freak...

Last edited by MaxMan1000; 07-06-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

I think you should just leave it as is and run to the mascot, I think making celebrations more interactive is fun.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I think you should just leave it as is and run to the mascot, I think making celebrations more interactive is fun.
agreed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »