Home

Preplay Offense Ideas (Ian or Phil please comment)

This is a discussion on Preplay Offense Ideas (Ian or Phil please comment) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Preplay Offense Ideas (Ian or Phil please comment)

Alright so I've been reading things about how to make the game more of a "less perfect world." I came up with this idea from reading a couple threads.

QB/Center Exchange

Ok so we all know alot of people would get frustrated with random bad snaps, so I thought of a system that would make it possible, yet mostly user controlled.

Since Madden is going into Casual/Hardcore settings this year, this option could be set into hardcore only. Set into the playcall menu is also a Cadence setting. Everytime you pick a play you choose when you want the center to snap the ball. (on 1, on 2 etc.) If the user snaps the ball at the wrong time there would be a slight chance at a bad snap, with an even greater chance in the Shotgun formation. Also when playing ont he road this chance may increase if the crowd is into the game and the center "can't hear" the QB Cadence.

Hot Routes/Audibles

This idea is alot like the NCAA "Home Field Advantage," but put in a more controllable way for Madden.

This can go to both Offensive and Defensive Audibles/Hot routes. If you are playing at home, your audibles should be almost full proof. All you have to do is make sure you use the "Quiet the crowd" button before making audibles to make sure your players can hear it and run the right route. On defense things can get a little more tricky. If the Home crowd is going crazy, your players may miss an audible call and do the wrong thing.

Now for the road situation maybe this where QB Awarness can come into play. A QB with a better awr rating could realize his recievers can't hear the audible. So he could pull a Manning and walk across the line as far as he can to yell to the recievers and lineman. while less aware qb's may stay under center and be forced to burn a timeout, or risk the player doing the wrong thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Preplay Offense Ideas (Ian or Phil please comment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
Alright so I've been reading things about how to make the game more of a "less perfect world." I came up with this idea from reading a couple threads.

QB/Center Exchange

Ok so we all know alot of people would get frustrated with random bad snaps, so I thought of a system that would make it possible, yet mostly user controlled.

Since Madden is going into Casual/Hardcore settings this year, this option could be set into hardcore only. Set into the playcall menu is also a Cadence setting. Everytime you pick a play you choose when you want the center to snap the ball. (on 1, on 2 etc.) If the user snaps the ball at the wrong time there would be a slight chance at a bad snap, with an even greater chance in the Shotgun formation. Also when playing ont he road this chance may increase if the crowd is into the game and the center "can't hear" the QB Cadence.

Hot Routes/Audibles

This idea is alot like the NCAA "Home Field Advantage," but put in a more controllable way for Madden.

This can go to both Offensive and Defensive Audibles/Hot routes. If you are playing at home, your audibles should be almost full proof. All you have to do is make sure you use the "Quiet the crowd" button before making audibles to make sure your players can hear it and run the right route. On defense things can get a little more tricky. If the Home crowd is going crazy, your players may miss an audible call and do the wrong thing.

Now for the road situation maybe this where QB Awarness can come into play. A QB with a better awr rating could realize his recievers can't hear the audible. So he could pull a Manning and walk across the line as far as he can to yell to the recievers and lineman. while less aware qb's may stay under center and be forced to burn a timeout, or risk the player doing the wrong thing.
I like it.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

good ideas that would really add to the realism of the game and make each game more dynamic. I like it. Preplay is definitely an area of the game that could be expanded on in future maddens.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Also, this will definitely make great jumping less annoying since now it's just press fake snap so the cpu might not get great jump. Which just feels like such a nuisance. I hate having to worry about the cpu getting great jump cause i don't do fake snap. This will add some depth to that aspect and hopefully make this part of the game something interesting instead of just a pain the ***.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Pre-Snap Strategy Point System-

A system that requires the users on both sides of the ball to identify & correct 1 or 2 players assignment errors presnap. Know the plays you call. Happens once every three downs randomly on offense & defense.

Reason: To Avoid broken plays, busted protections, and assignment errors.

Negative: If unidentified, plays can result in high snaps, protection errors, blown assignments, penalites, and turnovers.

Benifits: If identified increases Madden IQ, eliminates mistakes & misques, provides a short term ratings boost, & protects the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #6
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1

A system that requires the users on both sides of the ball to identify & correct 1 or 2 players assignment errors presnap. Know the plays you call. Happens once every three downs randomly on offense & defense.

Negative: If unidentified, plays can result in high snaps, protection errors, blown assignments, penalites, and turnovers.

Benifits: If identified increases Madden IQ, eliminates mistakes & misques, provides a short term ratings boost, & protects the ball.
I would only like that if it were restricted to low awareness players. I shouldn't have to correct Ray Lewis on his assignment. It could be useful to have a team captain/leadership rating that automatically keeps the low awareness players in check.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #7
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1

I always disagreed with anything that gives "ratings boosts" and is unrealistic. the same reason i hate superstart mode. having to go through those menus every possession ruins the experience.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I would only like that if it were restricted to low awareness players. I shouldn't have to correct Ray Lewis on his assignment. It could be useful to have a team captain/leadership rating that automatically keeps the low awareness players in check.

I've seen Flozell Adams get more false start penalties than rookies who started on the Cowboys roster. I've also seen him man up against the opposing teams best player and shut him down all game long. Ray Lewis has had penalties called on him before, and he will again. I understand he will never line up in the wrong place, and to that extent I completely agree with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »