Home

Game Informer - In Defense of the Madden Machine

This is a discussion on Game Informer - In Defense of the Madden Machine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Game Informer - In Defense of the Madden Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I'm sure Ea has been reading forums long before Ian showed up here. I think they've referenced to it many times and OS has had a close relationship with EA for the past couple years and there have been yearly wish lists passed on to EA.
But isn't this all a good thing? Regardless of the how and why it still will benefit us in the long run. These guys being here is something that they don't have to do in their job description. Or, even if it has become a part, it still is good. It shows a change in vision away from the "evil empire" days. I would hope that guys aren't reading this and thinking this is some glorified PR campaign. Because it would make little to no sense for Ian to admit to anything less than perfection, another thing that EA is famous for, the "hype machine."

I will say one thing that shows immense character. I'll be honest, I'd have told many folks on here to "kiss my high-yella butt" by now. But still Ian and Co. come back. So, I'm glad Ian's not like me........

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

They are being paid for their services. Who cares how much you make as long as you work in an industry that services people with entertainment you are responsible for the work you sell to millions of people. ie an athlete on the field. If they are not making the grade and their product sucks, do you think they will continue to be paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Professional athletes make millions of dollars and go ride around in their $100,000 cars after having people like you yell at them. Call me crazy but I doubt any person who works on the Madden team makes anything close to 7 figures so yelling at them isn't justified.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Eh, man, I don't know. It's definitely an enlightening article. But something about that article says to me, 'cry me a river.'

First & foremost, that's no cheap shot at Ian Cummings or Phil Frazier. I respect those guys and the effort they've put forth so far on this board and others.

But all this talk about the short development cycles, budgets, and etc really has me scratching my head . I mean, we've gotten some great sports games over the years where we've never had to question the short dev cycle or the kind of budget the respected dev teams are on. But now that the sentiment is disappointment across most online communities for next-gen football, all we seem to here about are issues the devs face on a year to year basis. When I read stuff like this, it makes me just as much apprehensive about the future of Madden as I am optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

It's only a good thing if there are real an noticable effects. Like I said, it's a wait and see deal for me. I want to see a franchise that matches, or exceeds last gen. That's a huge part of the game for everyone. Online doesn't have depth and doesn't have the intricate details that make franchise fun at many levels. I want to see tackles that can't be simulated on last-gen hardware. Like a 3 man + gang tackle. I want to see the game become more customizable and user friendly like it was years in the past.

I am waiting for a time when It's obvious Madden has grabbed onto it's next-gen potential and exceeded what it did years ago on inferior hardware. This year has been the first year I look at Madden and think it's taking a step in that direction.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I see the PR budget is being put to good use.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #14
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I see the PR budget is being put to good use.
Ding,
Ding,
Ding,
Ding,
Ding. We have a winner.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

"A lot of the core designers on the title have won Madden tournaments, that’s how we found them and we recruited them and they started and they’ve grown inside the company."

For better or worse, that's certainly a significant statement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
"A lot of the core designers on the title have won Madden tournaments, that’s how we found them and we recruited them and they started and they’ve grown inside the company."

For better or worse, that's certainly a significant statement.
"Significant" is an understatement my friend. That is a hideous statement, as I have witnessed many of the "talent pool" thumb jockeys personally. That quote alone is an indictment on the lack of quality in this franchise as a real sport title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »