Home

Madden NFL 09 2008 Super Bowl Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 2008 Super Bowl Video (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 09 2008 Super Bowl Video (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
WTF! the center/LG/LT all did the exact same animations as did Both DT's

Come on now Ea .... Still gotta take the good with the bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
That didn't look good.. Am I the only one who thought that looked like crap? Come on, while the graphics and player models looked good, the gameplay looked horrible!! Did anyone see the Oline on the left? All 3 Olinemen shifted to the left and did the exact thing! wow. Then the RB plows down a 300+ Dlinemen??? Come on Ian, tell me the game plays better than that... That looked like 2008 if u asked me.. Please tell me that 09 gameplay is better then what the Vid clip showed.. I hope that was an early beta clip, i mean early(2 years) seriously..
My thoughts exactly. Yeah the graphics and lighting was nice but that is expected out of Next Gen titles nowadays. After a while...the beauty and the overall picture will become meaningless. However....the blocking in that video was terrible....certainly not next gen and wasnt real at all.

Okay vid I guess...hopefully these simple but common details will be fixed in the final version..but for some reason...my gut is telling me that they wont.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #42
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Looks sweet! Go CowboyS!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 10
Looks good, but why do EA keep leaving out the little things. In real football they have each team name in the endzone. I hope they fix this next year in 2010, along with refs on field and halftime shows. Come on EA!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #44
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Looks good.... I, for one, love the endzones with the Super Bowl logo, instead of the team logos (too confusing).

Don't change that EA! Please!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
It does look good but myownsun was right, the animations just repeat themselves meaning nanos are still going to be a HUGH factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 25

I can't believe some if the replies in this thread. This game looks fantastic! The OL is suppossed to move in sync, in the NFL every OL coach train the players to move in sync with every player stepping at the same time. As far as the RB stiff arming the DT...like RB's don't routinely make those bigger slower guys look silly. Anyone remember M. Lynch just step out of a pile of defenders and go to the house last year??? How bout when A. Peterson broke six tackles on his way to the endzone (oh yea and the single game rushing record)???

Quit trying to find something wrong with the game. It's like some of you guys are looking for anything to be displeased with. We get it, EA messed up so far on Next-Gen. But Madden 09 is not those games, get over it man.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I can't believe some if the replies in this thread. This game looks fantastic! The OL is suppossed to move in sync, in the NFL every OL coach train the players to move in sync with every player stepping at the same time. As far as the RB stiff arming the DT...like RB's don't routinely make those bigger slower guys look silly. Anyone remember M. Lynch just step out of a pile of defenders and go to the house last year??? How bout when A. Peterson broke six tackles on his way to the endzone (oh yea and the single game rushing record)???

Quit trying to find something wrong with the game. It's like some of you guys are looking for anything to be displeased with. We get it, EA messed up so far on Next-Gen. But Madden 09 is not those games, get over it man.
Theres a difference between a natural looking sync with the offensive lineman and the identical animations and approach and follow engagement blocking in the video. All 3 offensive lineman used the EXACT same animation, frame for frame, from the beginning to the end of the block. It looked really scripted, the defensive lineman also almost react in the exact same manner.

In real life while they would be in sync, but the way they move into the block, technique and engagement would be varied. Their arms, legs and the animations after engaging the different defensive lineman would be varied because the battle between different athletes differs because of various reason such as strength, weight, technique, balance, and angle of attack.

The sync in the video looks unnatural that would be obvious to anyone who watches it.

As for your defense of RB de-cleating and plowing over the defensive lineman. There are many problems with what happened in the video. First of all Maroney is running nearly straight up when he is approaching the incoming defender, he hits the dt while standing nearly straight up, the collision then de-cleats the 300 pound defensive lineman, yet there no reaction to Maroney's upper body from the collision.
Realistic?, huh, No reaction from a collision that de-cleated a defensive lineman outweighing maroney by 80 pounds, a collision in which he was standing straight up.

Last edited by maddenps2; 07-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Theres a difference between a natural looking sync with the offensive lineman and the identical animations and approach and follow engagement blocking in the video. All 3 offensive lineman used the EXACT same animation, frame for frame, from the beginning to the end of the block. It looked really scripted, the defensive lineman also almost react in the exact same manner.

In real life while they would be in sync, but the way they move into the block, technique and engagement would be varied. Their arms, legs and the animations after engaging the different defensive lineman would be varied because the battle between different athletes differs because of various reason such as strength, weight, technique, balance, and angle of attack.

The sync in the video looks unnatural that would be obvious to anyone who watches it.

As for your defense of RB de-cleating and plowing over the defensive lineman. There are many problems with what happened in the video. First of all Maroney is running nearly straight up when he is approaching the incoming defender, he hits the dt while standing nearly straight up, the collision then de-cleats the 300 pound defensive lineman, yet there no reaction to Maroney's upper body from the collision.
Realistic?, huh, No reaction from a collision that de-cleated a defensive lineman outweighing maroney by 80 pounds, a collision in which he was standing straight up.

Exactly! maddenps2, Very well put man.. I mean come on, Common sense..

Guillotine 1, get a glue man seriously.. wow. You would be a great fit in the EA Dev team..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »