Home

First trade you'll make in your franchise?

This is a discussion on First trade you'll make in your franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: First trade you'll make in your franchise?

Well, now I have my first move. I'll be picking up Matt Jones off of the free agent list after the Jags release him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #42
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzal8
Well, now I have my first move. I'll be picking up Matt Jones off of the free agent list after the Jags release him.
Isn't it sad that the first thing you think when you hear news of a good WR getting into trouble with cocaine is that you will probably be able to pick him up as a FR now lol... I know I thought that yesterday too
Old 07-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #43
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Isn't not knowing the rating a good thing. I mean I think knowing a players exact rating takes away from the game.
That is a good point.

If '09' has the same set up, I'll try to look at it from the perspective of really not knowing what a rookie is going to bring. I imagine thats the point of this set up anyway. Which isn't a bad thing now that you've mentioned it.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

That's funny. I think a lot of Raider nation is ambivalent about Russell. I watched his workouts on NFL network, and everyone was raving about the big arm. Yes, he has a big arm, but he was missing guys during the workout, or making them work awful hard to pull down balls. That's only going to get worse when he plays with lots of guys in his face. I thought they made a terrible decision there. Their RB situation is a nice one to have, though; I just wish Davis wasn't blinded by the arm strength thing.

I do like some things about our defense. A couple of young LBs and Asomugah or however the f you spell is name. Huff might be worth dealing, though. I can see him getting a little better, or turning into a Schweigert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
Wow, it's like someone reading my mind and making a post before I could lol

I might shop Russell for some flexibility in the cap and maybe try to get higher on the draft board to pull the trigger on a top 5 QB or get a decent WR and some picks for him to pull the trigger on a 1st or 2nd round QB. I liked the feel of Russell in the game last year but I really don't know if I could hang onto him knowing I could really bolster my offense by dealing him.

I'll definently be shopping Fargas and Lamont Jordan off though as quick as possible. I didn't like the feel of either of them running the ball last season. I'll give them a couple of games to see how they feel this year and then I might shop them both or hang onto one of them. I'd like to see if Michael Bush can be a dependable backup but I kinda doubt it.

I'm going to try to keep the trades as semi-realistic as possible but if I have to get goofy to get rid of Russell then I will.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #45
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Yah I was a big fan of Russell in college and a big fan when the Raiders selected him and then the contract hold out and the extreme lack of any kind of production... I'm not that big of a fan anymore

I might try to deal him to climb in the draft and nab Tebow. I think that could be interesting... or an unmitigated failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 02:16 AM   #46
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
That's funny. I think a lot of Raider nation is ambivalent about Russell. I watched his workouts on NFL network, and everyone was raving about the big arm. Yes, he has a big arm, but he was missing guys during the workout, or making them work awful hard to pull down balls. That's only going to get worse when he plays with lots of guys in his face. I thought they made a terrible decision there. Their RB situation is a nice one to have, though; I just wish Davis wasn't blinded by the arm strength thing.

I do like some things about our defense. A couple of young LBs and Asomugah or however the f you spell is name. Huff might be worth dealing, though. I can see him getting a little better, or turning into a Schweigert.
yeah every other raider fan i talk to doesnt think Russell will work out. i dont know much about him but im giving him a chance. i played decent with him in 08 so hopefully ill be better in 09.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 07-12-2008, 04:57 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah i'm going to trade some draft picks and maybe someone in the 85% overall for Chad Johnson and put him on the eagles.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:01 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry about the double post. I also am going to have to do some work by getting a new linebacker core.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »