Home

Throw while being tackled.

This is a discussion on Throw while being tackled. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 03:58 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Throw while being tackled.

Or allow us to shovel pass it while we're getting tackled.

playing the ncaa demo, i've encountered countless times where i'm on the way down and hitting the L2 button (left trigger on 360?) trying to lateral or shovel it forward.

Perhaps allow us to still shovel pass or lateral if we still have an arm free and an eligble receiver is nearby.

I was surprised that you could shovel forward in the ncaa demo!!! I ran an option but the rb was infront of me, i tapped the lateral button and qb shovelled it forward. I thought that was awesome. Now let us do that while we're getting tackled and that would be awesome!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #18
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

If you add this in 2010 I hope you make it so it ends up being incomplete or intercepted at least 85% of the time. If not you're just opening the door to more cheese on line.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Definitely, this is one of those features where you either do it right, or you don't do it at all.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

I would like to be able to throw little dump off passes while engaged with the defender. There has been so many instances where I get sacked just as the RB releases his block and goes into the flats.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 07-11-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #21
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

This is something that should be related to the QB ratings. Like AWR and AGI, the higher the QB ratings and experience the more likely you are to get the ball out of there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

The process of throwing the football while in the pocket is not an exact science. Meaning, the launch point is different for every type of throw. Now, when you factor in pressure on the QB (and when I say pressure I mean no contact) it can lead to a rushed throw. These passes are usually still decent passes (a little high, low, behind, or in front), but the WR has to do more work on his end to make this kind of reception a big play.

On the plays where the QB gets hit with the ball in-hand, most of the time good things dont happen for the offense. The best case scenario for these kinds of plays are short completions for little to no gain, or incompletions. Most often, the offense would be very fortunate to have those two things happen.

I love the idea of letting the QB still follow through the throwing process because it gives the defense the opportunity to be well...opportunistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »