Home

Wrong cover for Madden, Farve asks for release from Packers

This is a discussion on Wrong cover for Madden, Farve asks for release from Packers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Wrong cover for Madden, Farve asks for release from Packers

Even if he gets released the cover will still be accurate, because the cover (in large part) represents that player's exceptional performance of the previous season; Favre played for the Packers last season and performed exceptionally. Accurate.

With that said, two things happen:

1. It's going to be hard to look at the cover knowing Favre is in another uniform.

2. It's going to be used as a dig at the Madden Team's uniform fumbles... you just know people are going to use it, lol.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Brett Favre sets another record, maybe
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 17

The Packers won't bring Favre back at $12 million a season. He's simply not worth it. Let's also not forget that he had one good year in recent history. There's no gauruntee he'll repeat that performance. I think he'll go back to being Mr. Pick Six this year if he plays. He's already missed most of the offseason preparation for any team he might play for.

That's something else that's so funny to me about this. Favre's ego is just massive. He thinks that some other team is going to just whisk him into the starting lineup without having spent any time learning the offense of working with the team personnel.

I used to like Favre, now I think he's a clown and he's just ruining his image.....if not his legacy.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #20
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
The Packers won't bring Favre back at $12 million a season. He's simply not worth it. Let's also not forget that he had one good year in recent history. There's no gauruntee he'll repeat that performance. I think he'll go back to being Mr. Pick Six this year if he plays. He's already missed most of the offseason preparation for any team he might play for.

That's something else that's so funny to me about this. Favre's ego is just massive. He thinks that some other team is going to just whisk him into the starting lineup without having spent any time learning the offense of working with the team personnel.

I used to like Favre, now I think he's a clown and he's just ruining his image.....if not his legacy.
lol...then his ego's correct
Old 07-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz

I think they tell him to go ahead and reinstate, and then sit on the bench as the #2 QB. The Packers are under the cap by a wide margin.

This action might force him to retire. Just a few theories I've seen that I agree with.

As far as his legacy, sure, he's ruining his image/legacy now, but I agree with Steve Young, in another year or two, no one will care or remember.

Last edited by roadman; 07-12-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Favre should be able to what ever he wants with his life, people change their minds, it's human nature. The reason he wants to be released is because the packers upper brass want to move on without him. Each side has their own reasons. As a packer fan I hope that they trade him for a draft pick or maybe a couple good players. I'm not offended that he wants to play again it's just too bad that he didn't realize it earlier, because now things aren't working between the two sides. I don't see how the cover is wrong either, since it shows the team he was on last year, like all maddens have.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Even if he does end up going to a different team or whatever how hard is it to really just change the jersey that he's wearing. Our guys on the forums make custom covers all the time it can't be that hard... unless of course they already made all of the game cases, which would make it very hard.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #24
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
it's already happening, he asked for his release.... rumored destinations are bears, vikings, panthers, tampa bay, or redskins.....

it seems as if he will be wearing the wrong jersey on the cover of 09
I HAVE a better chance to wear a vikes/bears uni than favre

NO WAY does he get releases or traded

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »