Home

Giants VS Jaguars 2009 Gameplay

This is a discussion on Giants VS Jaguars 2009 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Giants VS Jaguars 2009 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Ian, I am now concerned with this statement. Basically, you are saying that it is nearly unanimous that EVERYONE is enjoying the game and there are positive reactions concerning NCAA 09. Another words, those who have been critical are just a small few and therefore they are just trying to ruin the experience for everyone am I correct?

Sim style football is always the expectation of a sim style player! If you move it towards an arcade experience of turning the game into an offensive shootout, dumbing down the defensive A.I. and making it so obvious, what kind of reaction did you expect? If this is the NEW direction of EA or at least when it comes to football? If so, then I will not even bother complaining anymore as that is what NCAA Football will be known in my book and that is "ARCADE" football. Oh, I have played several games of NCAA 09 now to officially chime in and please count me as the ONLY one who is keeping it from being a unanimous positive experience.

Just one last question: IS MADDEN LIKE NCAA 09 or is the A.I. going to play defense for all 4 quarters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
What was the score of the SEC title game? What was the score of the UF-Auburn game?

You picked out a bunch of teams that had really good offenses and suspect defenses.
Just messin with you. When people say shootouts DON'T HAPPEN IN THE SEC, I like to challenge definitive statements. What was the score of the Ohio St. Mich game a couple years back? Oh yeah 42-39.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #58
MVP

Whoops, just responding to rhombic21 in my last post.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #59
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Yes, high scoring games do happen, but my point is that there are some teams on the college level with great defenses, and *usually* those teams show up and play great defense.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #60
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Please get back to discussing madden, if you want to talk NCAA take it the NCAA forum. Thanks
Old 07-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Please get back to discussing madden, if you want to talk NCAA take it the NCAA forum. Thanks
As far as the high scoring shootout talk yeah that's over with. Just taking a little dig at a comment. On the other note I feel it is very fair and on topic to ask someone with knowledge of both games whether or not they're similar based on the gameplay videos that started this thread. I know Madden isn't hyping wide open gameplay but, for those of us who enjoy a more cerebral chess match it would be nice to know that our computer controlled teammates with high ratings can properly execute their defensive assignments. Can they rush the passer? Do linebackers take proper drops in their zone responsibilities? When talking about games built on the same engine comparisons and contrasts are inevitable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
As far as the high scoring shootout talk yeah that's over with. Just taking a little dig at a comment. On the other note I feel it is very fair and on topic to ask someone with knowledge of both games whether or not they're similar based on the gameplay videos that started this thread. I know Madden isn't hyping wide open gameplay but, for those of us who enjoy a more cerebral chess match it would be nice to know that our computer controlled teammates with high ratings can properly execute their defensive assignments. Can they rush the passer? Do linebackers take proper drops in their zone responsibilities? When talking about games built on the same engine comparisons and contrasts are inevitable.
I agree 100%..
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #63
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
The answer to your questions is Yes. Its been answered already. And there already is a thread in here about this. OOps I guess that thread is locked.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:22 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 10

heres to nfl2k12!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »