Home

CPU Trades 2

This is a discussion on CPU Trades 2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 11:03 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: CPU Trades 2

I'm a huge fan of franchise but I'm not sure if I want behind the scenes CPU/CPU trades. The upside is realism but the downside is if it doesn't work it has the potential to ruin the game. Right now, the CPU manages teams with 4 or 5 quarterbacks which unless you're TB isn't realistic. Draft logic is off and if they can't figure it out (with good reason by my estimation, you can't ask a computer to manage a team the way a human will, in real life, the signability of a player and their attitude are the two main reasons why trades occur. There is no real measure of that in Madden for a realistic trades to happen behind the scenes. Could you imagine how bad it would be if the Bengals dealt Chad Johnson to the Chargers for Phillip Rivers even though they had Carson Palmer?

Its a good idea but they would have to get the execution down perfect which I don't think is possible. I'd prefer to stick with draft day trades as opposed to worrying what the cpu will do with the trades.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Madden definitely needs CPU to CPU trades, if it's to be a complete game. 2K5 had CPU to CPU trades. They weren't all perfect, or even, but most of the trades were more or less even and it kept things MUCH more interesting during the season. The lack of CPU activity in Madden makes Franchise just plain boring...period. Who wants to see Kyle Boller or Gus Frerotte on the trade block ALL year long again? The same names on the trading block with ZERO CPU initiated trades = unacceptable AND boring.

By now, these things should all be included AND refined, but......I agree that the lack of info. regarding Franchise is quite alarming for us offliners. NEXT YEAR, right?? Geez.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
I don't like seeing a team continue to take rookie QBs year after year when they come in a like a 79 or 80, and remain stagnant.
seems to be EXACTLY what the 49ers have been doing the last several years...

bears too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
Madden definitely needs CPU to CPU trades, if it's to be a complete game. 2K5 had CPU to CPU trades. They weren't all perfect, or even, but most of the trades were more or less even and it kept things MUCH more interesting during the season. The lack of CPU activity in Madden makes Franchise just plain boring...period. Who wants to see Kyle Boller or Gus Frerotte on the trade block ALL year long again? The same names on the trading block with ZERO CPU initiated trades = unacceptable AND boring.

By now, these things should all be included AND refined, but......I agree that the lack of info. regarding Franchise is quite alarming for us offliners. NEXT YEAR, right?? Geez.
I think Kyle Boller and Gus Frerotte being on the trading block all year round is actually quiet realistic. =)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »