Home

Is anyone worried about Madden now?

This is a discussion on Is anyone worried about Madden now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #17
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Is anyone worried about Madden now?

The addition of online leagues remains a bit of a mystery. Who can say if it will function properly? I'm assuming it will, but the NCAA 09 situation raises some concern.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #18
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I have to admit some concern is starting to creep in. I think it's only natural that it would.

As far as the two dev teams being completely different...thats not my understanding of the situation. I've heard several times, that in many cases, the two games share the same dev people.

I'm staying as positive as possible though. Because worrying about Madden won't help anything. If gamers have concerns...it might be a good idea to wait a few days to a week. To see how things have panned out. I'm hoping we don't hear anything too negative before 8/12, that would warrant holding off.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 25

I am 99% expecting some sort of major bug. Seriously, it seems these days that most big sports games releases are mired by some sort of major bug, and the last 2 games that EA has released have big problems. NCAA and NASCAR. Its nothing against EA, because MLB 2K has pretty big problems every year, and their College Hoops series used to have that Dynasty freeze bug, and their NHL series has always been prone to random freezing. So with how things have played out on this generation of consoles, I absolutely expect some form of major bug in Madden. It seems inevitable.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #20
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Not too worried, because I expect them. As long as there is nothing huge, I'm sure the game will be at least decent. It will be a rental for me though, as I'm still waiting for Next Gen franchise to get some attention
Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #21
Rookie

TVNation53's Arena

OVR: 2

Why worry the last few years Madden and NCAA were basically the same game with the exceptions of NFL and NCAA themes so if gamers are digging NCAA they most likely will dig Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #22
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVNation53
Why worry the last few years Madden and NCAA were basically the same game with the exceptions of NFL and NCAA themes so if gamers are digging NCAA they most likely will dig Madden.
I hope this is not the case this year.

I think people worry about this because there are only 2 football games and they are both made by EA. If one is not good, that leads us to your line of thinking that they are the same.

I have to say, NCAA is not bad, but it doesnt grab me or make me care to play it much anymore. I am trading it in today already.

Yes, there are people who love NCAA, and that's great. It just is not a magical game. There is no WOW to it. I haven't been WOWed since 2k5, and I am hoping Madden can do that.

Maybe I am the only one, but I wish EA would sack up and choose to take some chances. When I say that, I mean..why not use a totally different engine for either Madden or NCAA?

The current EA engine (NCAA 2009) is a failure when it comes to excess cheese like the drop back pass, the rocket pass, and no defense. What I hate is that when you do not have the ball, you can expect to play D for a loooong time until you can get it back. There is no strategy or feel to it.

If EA really wants to do it right, they should start from scratch with a new engine for 1 of the 2 titles. Show us that you really care and quit tweaking the same engine over and over. Maybe Madden is so good it doesn't matter. I feel like it could be a great game honestly. But regardless, I am a bit worried about it now because NCAA just didn't do it for me.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #23
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Pretty much all of the community leaders have said that they liked NCAA but it had some issues. Which is just what we found out last week. They also said that Madden was amazing, and a step above NCAA. As one community leader told me "if you like NCAA that's good, but you will LOVE Madden".
Old 07-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I know how badly everyone wants a great football sim, and it seems like every year is finally going to be the year, but to be honest...the game won't be that different IMO. It looks great on paper right now...but it did last year too...and the year before that.

Here's my solution, I did it with NCAA: wait a week or two to buy the game! If the game is awesome pick it up, if it is average and full of bugs like NCAA..don't buy it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »