Home

Madden 09 and Head Coach 09 360 Review

This is a discussion on Madden 09 and Head Coach 09 360 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 09 and Head Coach 09 360 Review

08 gameplay at first was amazing just as more ppl started working around the ai and figuring out the spec it got bad but now those 2 have been fixed im ready for some madden
Old 07-21-2008, 11:13 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Its funny because I was at gamestop today and played some madden 08 and it actually wasn't horrible. I played a whole quarter with the Colts and didn't throw any interceptions.
I don't think Madden 08 was horrible either, even with it's issues. It was just... bland. When you throw in warping DBs, the QB play, OL/DL play, the turnovers, etc. it's a problem. Some of these issues will continue into '09. I'm sure your comment about not throwing an INT in a quarter was tongue in cheek, but it could easily be taken seriously because of where the game is right now. Unfortunately we've seen expectations lowered to the point where these things are expected, and people convince themselves the game's better than what it is. I say this without knowing what the game will be this year of course - but even with the issues we know the game will have, it seems ridiculous to be rating the game "great" or "excellent"

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #19
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

I was late to the party on 08 since I didn't get a 360 until November, and didn't start playing 08 until January so I missed out on the buggy franchise and everything. So, I didn't think it was terrible. The pick 6's got incredibly old, and that was probably why I quit playing after a month or so. That and football season was over, so my football fever was pretty much over.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

I say this every year, but I really think this year will be the best next gen Madden yet. I know that I'm probably "hoping for the best" a little much, but I like what I've seen in the videos, and I'm pretty happy with the community involvement this year. I know some people think it's a marketing stunt, and maybe it is to some extent, but at least these dev's are putting their good names on the line with the Madden community.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I'll wait and see on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

I used to be a big Alex Navarro fan as far as Gamespot reviews go - but I think he just left Gamespot - so I don't know who's reviewing their sports games now.

I usually stick with IGN and Gamespot for reviews.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

They say Head Coach is the greatest coaching sim ever? They clearly haven't played football manager.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
They say Head Coach is the greatest coaching sim ever? They clearly haven't played football manager.

Maybe they mean NFL Football sim, not Soccer...?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »