Home

LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge

This is a discussion on LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 02:56 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge

Personally, I prefer Madden's gameplay over APF's.

Thats just me though.

I never really got APF's gameplay style or 2k5 for that matter.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 AM   #10
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The post is not intended to cause a 2k vs Madden argument. Its to show in a comparison test the areas that frustrate alot of us whether we love/hate either game.

The situations I chose were based on long time game fundamental problems with both games and wouldnt it be nice to see where Madden is now compared to Ap2K8 ?

Why would you not want to take the Pepsi challenge ?
see, the thing is doing this will not make u like madden any more than u do now. your still going to be complaining about the same thing u do now. poor animations on the QB dropback, no o line/d-line interaction, no CB/WR interaction. no refs on the field.

see where im going?

whats the point if your pointing out the same things we all know going in???
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 07-22-2008, 08:07 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
see, the thing is doing this will not make u like madden any more than u do now. your still going to be complaining about the same thing u do now. poor animations on the QB dropback, no o line/d-line interaction, no CB/WR interaction. no refs on the field.

see where im going?

This is not about is 2k > Madden or which gameplay I prefer, or if I like Madden or not. I LIKE NCAA 09 despite its problems. You are missing the point.

I want to see on video if Madden has improved in those 3 areas I mentioned above. Its not a bash Madden thing. I plan on buying Madden 09. I think its gonna be a good game. NCAA 09 is the most playable, fun next gen version of football EA has produced. I actually look forward to playing it despite the flaws.

The thing is Some of these problems have been in the EA games TOO long. Its time the game advanced forward. IAN seems like a positive dev that aint like 90% of Americans where they would rather be lied to than shown the truth.

Why cant we have a honest sincere look at what both games do good and bad to push the games in a direction that give us all what we want ? Some of yall are too sensitive. If I made a game that had a problem I could not fix I would look for ways to fix the problem by seeing what others have done that make the same type of game and see if I can implement it in my game AND make it better.

No one is saying EA has to adopt 2ks gameplay, I am saying lets look at how both games handles these areas and wht can we do to make the game play better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #12
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey Tombsong, good idea but i dont think its going to help change anything. To me its the EA football game engine, i think its time they made a new one. And the only way thats going to happen if people stop buying their games and thats not going to happen anytime soon. I'm just like the rest of the sheep , i listen to the guys that go to the Ea events and give us good feedback about the games and how their much improved from the year before, but when the games come out , im dissapointed in the gameplay. I have bought every next gen Ea football game, and after about three to fours days of trying to like the game, i just get cant get over the issues the games have. Like this year i got Ncaa on a friday and by monday i was done with it. All i ask for is a game with balance for the offense and defense, and to me this game is all about the offense. I'll give madden a shot when it comes out hoping there's more balance in that game. Im 34 years old ive been playing EA football games for a long time and the last two games ive enjoyed from them was Ncaa 2004 and Madden 2005 on the ps2. You see back then 2k was around to give Ea some compution. Which meant better products for us gamers. As for now , All pro football is the only football game i play, its been out for a year now and i still enjoy it. Just my two cents.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
Hey Tombsong, good idea but i dont think its going to help change anything. To me its the EA football game engine, i think its time they made a new one. And the only way thats going to happen if people stop buying their games and thats not going to happen anytime soon. I'm just like the rest of the sheep , i listen to the guys that go to the Ea events and give us good feedback about the games and how their much improved from the year before, but when the games come out , im dissapointed in the gameplay. I have bought every next gen Ea football game, and after about three to fours days of trying to like the game, i just get cant get over the issues the games have. Like this year i got Ncaa on a friday and by monday i was done with it. All i ask for is a game with balance for the offense and defense, and to me this game is all about the offense. I'll give madden a shot when it comes out hoping there's more balance in that game. Im 34 years old ive been playing EA football games for a long time and the last two games ive enjoyed from them was Ncaa 2004 and Madden 2005 on the ps2. You see back then 2k was around to give Ea some compution. Which meant better products for us gamers. As for now , All pro football is the only football game i play, its been out for a year now and i still enjoy it. Just my two cents.
I will agree with you that it seems hopeless about seeing a real change when it comes to the game engine but IAN seems sincere in his wanting to really give us what we want. The fact that he threw down the gaunlet the last time LB challenged him impressed me.

Sometimes we can be pretty hard on a game our first day with it, it does not shine like we thought it would or meet our expectations. Then a few days with it you do start to notice some improvements and sadly new bugs.

We gotta start taking the conversations here away from defending or bashing EA/2K whoever, and say OK, This is what we want, show us what you are doing to bring that about. Lets talk about how we can bring the things we want in the game and how to implement them in a way that balances the game so that the offense or the defense is not at a advantage and gives the user ways to effectively set up their team and control their players in a way that does not allow cheats and stays within the scope of a real NFL game.

If IAN posts vids of the stuff I mention and LB does also. We should not beat up on the flaws of either game but say OK, this one does this better, how can we get that gameplay in next years game or how can we improve on that and make it better than what it is.

Simple Challenge: Show me what you got. If you stand behind what you are doing then show me the strengths and weaknesses of it and hopefully we can have a sane discussion about it without the insults and bashing.

I think the things I asked to be shown are reasonable and worthy of discussion because they are long time problems in football games.

Last edited by TombSong; 07-22-2008 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
oh man please. i hope they dont agree to this. Ian has already stated the areas he knows and the ones we pointed out that Madden needs to improve. this isnt doing anything more. get off it.
True story. AP2k8 is trash. they need to kill dat noise.

TRUE STORY

R.I.P. NBA LIVE Fom 1998-2005
I miss you. You use to mean so much to me.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

see where im going?

AMEN..................

TRUE STORY

R.I.P. NBA LIVE Fom 1998-2005
I miss you. You use to mean so much to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Bottom-line, you either have to change your outlook on football video games and accept EA's product for what it is or stop playing football video games all together. Ian confirmed EA is behind the times and per the release of NCAA (one of the worst gameplay wise football games ever) things are not going to change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »