Home

LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge

This is a discussion on LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ian has already admitted what areas Madden is weak in and what areas he wants to focus on next year.

Why rehash the same issues over and over?

I'm not sure what the agenda is? Are you trying to get EA to admit before Aug 12 we could do this better or that better? I don't think that will happen.
Dude, this aint a get IAN to admit anything thread, its a show us what you got and lets discuss how to go forward. Heck he might wow us and there may not even be a need for discussion.

Whats terrifying you so much that you are opposed to some specific gameplay being shown ? If its bad lets not beat the man up for it, we say ok, how should we proceed from here with this problem.

Why are yall only concerned about one game being better than the other. Each game has strengths and weaknesses. We done already talked that to death the past 5 years.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Dude, this aint a get IAN to admit anything thread, its a show us what you got and lets discuss how to go forward. Heck he might wow us and there may not even be a need for discussion.

Whats terrifying you so much that you are opposed to some specific gameplay being shown ? If its bad lets not beat the man up for it, we say ok, how should we proceed from here with this problem.

Why are yall only concerned about one game being better than the other. Each game has strengths and weaknesses. We done already talked that to death the past 5 years.
I never said it was a lousy idea.

I just think your timing is off.

Put yourself in Ian's shoes. If you are a developer of a major football game that will be released in 3 weeks, would you come on a discussion board and discuss problem areas and how to go forward from there?

I think not.

I wouldn't have a problem with this a few weeks after release.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I never said it was a lousy idea.

I just think your timing is off.

Put yourself in Ian's shoes. If you are a developer of a major football game that will be released in 3 weeks, would you come on a discussion board and discuss problem areas and how to go forward from there?

I think not.

I wouldn't have a problem with this a few weeks after release.
I can understand and even agree with the timing issue, BUT this is Madden.
Its gonna sell if IAN came in here and showed us they are selling us Madden 92 over again.

This message board is probably .1% of Maddens gross sales.

Plus MOST of what I have seen is pretty positive in the game. I doubt whatever he could show would make people not buy the game.

He has shown gameplay vids of him playing a dev. Now show a gameplay vid with him playing someone that plays the game like the clowns do online.

Whats it gonna hurt ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #36
MVP

package Madden 09{

import madden.09.classes.*
import community.ideas.testclasses.*

public class DefensiveBack{

public var speed:uint;
public var agility:uint;
public var accel:uint;
public var aware:uint;
public var name:String;

public function DefensiveBack(name,speed,agility,accel,aware){
this.speed = 99;
this.agility = 97;
this.accel = 95;
this.aware = 99;
this.name = "Damn great DB";
init();

}

public function init(){

/* Lets make this joker stick to WR's like burnt eggs stick to a pan..*/
Lets go talk about it with the community...
}

}

}

Come on IAN lets do this
Old 07-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #37
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
He has already discussed it before, back when he first came to the board that was the first thing he spoke about.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 07-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Tomb, buddy, you know I'm with you on the merits of APF and its superiority to other next-gen football games when it comes to the on-field experience. And I think that conceptually, what you're asking for is legit. However, I think practically it's a no-go.

EA is trying to move in a good direction, but we also know that they, like all companies, are interested in good PR. The kinds of tests you're asking for do not constitute good PR for EA and therefore are unlikely to happen. The game's strongsuit is not OL/DL interaction; WR/DB interaction; or QB foot-planting, pocket movement, or throwing mechanics/ball physics. Those are all things that APF does incredibly well by comparison.

We know the graphics are incredible and the player models are very good. We also know that they have done some good things with branching animations in the run game. The videos we're likely to see will focus on these things--more videos like the one on the OS front page with guys pumping their fists and doing fun looking things post-play, and videos of Peterson and Tomlinson slipping out of tackles. And perhaps videos of WRs running by DBs to illustrate "big play" style.

I think the critical dialogue you're trying to foster is a good thing; it's just not likely to materialize, imho. I think a rental and a video post on youtube like last year's comparison of NCAA and APF route-running (minus the turd) is the way to go.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #39
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Here's what I don't understand. This thread is getting Ian to compare gameplay elements that he already said were a focus for next year (ie not greatly improved THIS year) to APF2008. What does this serve? Plus, hasn't this already been done? I've got to agree with those who said the timing is just way off. I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, but I would think this would be more appropriate/beneficial when talks of Madden 2010 heat up.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

True, in a comic-ironic sense, Soxfan. Next year probably will be the time when comparisons might be fairly said to be felicitous, even if not definitely favorable. It is funny, though, that a game developed on a short cycle and with unheard of limitations is the barometer on these issues for the giant . . . after the giant has had two years to try to catch up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »