Home

**** Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions****

This is a discussion on **** Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions**** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 09 Demo Impressions

i was planning on getting this game 1st day but i'm not sure. is this demo from april or may like people are stating?

alot can change from then and not for the good check ncaa demo.

i'm not trying to be a negative nancy but every yr it feels like deja vu.

i guess we'll see when the demo hits the market place.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
I dont know if you can play D but can defenders stay with offensive players unlike in NCAA. I hate in NCAA how it is impossible to stay remotely close to a RB with a LB and even CB's have trouble staying with WR's
Per the demo the defenders stay with the WR and RB. You do have some separation (as it should be) which leads to the great job EA did with allowing the QB to now place the ball in a tight spot without having the super DB's close the distance in a blink of an eye. This is huge by the way. I was able to loft balls over defenders in certain spots and the WR or TE acted realistic with going for the ball. Watch out for the hit though.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
On the deep passes could you aim the throw? Did it feel like max passing.. For me maddens short passing game was better, just their
deep ball never moved to where I aimed it..like it did in 2k5
There was a guy who said he had the demo and could not throw long with Eli. Wrong IMO. I was able to loft the ball long and also throw a tight rope based on the WR angle. For instance, Plax beat his guy at the line and the safety started to close up top. I was able to throw a tight rope and fit the ball in between the safety (up top) and the DB trailing the Plax. This looked real good and realistic.

Last edited by DONF; 07-23-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
There was a guy who said he had the demo and could not throw long with Eli. Wrong IMO. I was able to loft the ball long and also throw a tight rope based on the WR angle. For instance, Plax beat his guy at the line and the safety started to close up top. I was able to throw a tight rope and fit the ball in between the safety (up top) and the DB trailing the Plax. This look real good and realistic.

to be honest.....that sounds fantastic

hopefully when a db is beat in single coverage they dont catch back up with the speed ratings or make that dumb 1 handed leap to block the streak

and hopefully the qb LEADS the wr and not the throw where the wr stops to jump
Old 07-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Very good question...Does it look like there has there been any built in disadvantages for the D like described above
Simply put, there is no defense in NCAA. There is only INT's to determine who will win. In the Demo that is not the case. . Crossing routes do need to be tweaked. I must say that. But it is no where as bad as NCAA.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
How much is the demo from walmart?

I didn't even know this was available. Kind of reminds me of the pay per view madden thing last year.

I may have to pick this demo up if under $10 bucks.
$15 dollars. And per a previous post, this is a build from April I believe. With that known, that makes it even more impressive since the game is good per an early build.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
What kind of deal is Gamestop giving?
I have to look at my coupon, but the total deal involving NCAA trade in is like $30 off Madden 09.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'm interested to see this myself, especially if the demo is only one drive and you can't play on defense. And it's been said certain gameplay areas are weak. From one drive perspective it's that much better than anything that's come before it? I haven't been overly impressed with any of the gameplay videos, but I'll take DONF's word about the demo for now
I understand your point. I was feeling the same way, but wanted to know for myself so I bought the DVD. I played the demo like two hours straight (ha) and answered questions on OS and folks from my friends list who killed me with questions.

This is an early build with major promise. It has it's issues (all games do), but nothing major like NCAA.

I am really loving the running game. I feel like I am doing something (if you know what I mean) which is a big change from EA's previous efforts.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »