Home

Could Madden Improve with Natural Motion Tackling?

This is a discussion on Could Madden Improve with Natural Motion Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Could Madden Improve with Natural Motion Tackling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
funny how all the ea games that have competetion from others (fifa, nba live) are innovative year in and year out
and games that have No competetion (football, nascar, tiger woods, etc) always stay the same and arent innovative
I dont want to turn this into a bash fest or anything, because your wrong EA does innovate from game to game, they put alot of hard work into new features like REWIND, BACKTRACK, VIRTUAL TRAINER, etc. but my point is that I believe they are focusing on the wrong things - trying to broaden the market appeal for madden is going to what net them 5% more sales from people who have never heard of madden like your lil' brothers annoying friend or your grandpa.

I hope next year they focus more on repeat buyers, loyal buyers of madden by adding depth and extended customization - MADDEN 10!
Wheres MAH PhOtO GAmEFace??!??!!! Go down the hall and talk to the Tiger Woods people and GET IT IN MADDEN, Pleaseeeeee
Old 07-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #18
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber
My ideal situation is to have EA hire and absorb these guys to incorporate this technology into Madden.. Would you be up in arms about that?
Yeah, I would.

To date we have seen nothing in the way of actual 11 on 11 gameplay footage. To advocate scrapping proven technology in favor of something that's little more than talk backed up by a couple of tech demos is just plain foolish.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #19
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

The funny thing is that everyone has heard of madden. I dont see how much more they can expand their appeal to any demographic and to casual gamers. I mean its Madden.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #20
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber
You at least are defending your point but your just wrong.
Please play these games: Oblivion, Two Worlds, GTA IV, Saints Row - all of these have more than 22 instances of human AI to calculate...
Each with their own set of complex rules, such as assignments to certain players or zones, reading situations as they unfold? There is no comparison between a unique football player (with how many attributes now days?) reacting to situations unfolding in real time and a few people on the sidewalks in GTA running and screaming when you pull a gun. I think you're severely underrating what's required to actually build a game like Madden. I'm not sure how many human like AI are on the screen at one time in games like those, but I highly doubt there are anywhere near close to 22 with entirely unique circumstances at any given instance.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Yeah, I would.

To date we have seen nothing in the way of actual 11 on 11 gameplay footage. To advocate scrapping proven technology in favor of something that's little more than talk backed up by a couple of tech demos is just plain foolish.
Hmmmm...Touché sir, Touché.

Guess it is in fact better to take a wait and see approach.

But the flip side of that is - you could make the same point for every new feature put in madden each year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #22
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Yeah, I would.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Lets all see Backbreaker in action before we crown they ***!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #23
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
even a game like oblivian only used 4gb of the dvd9 space(9gb)

and whats the excuse for the storage being at a premuin for ps3?
they have a dual layer blu ray discs which can hold 50gb of space

madden is just "getting by" as they have the license

funny how all the ea games that have competetion from others (fifa, nba live) are innovative year in and year out
and games that have No competetion (football, nascar, tiger woods, etc) always stay the same and arent innovative
When they talk about space issues, they're not talking about disc media space issues, they're talking about system memory space issues. Both the 360 and PS3 don't have a whole lot of system memory.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Each with their own set of complex rules, such as assignments to certain players or zones, reading situations as they unfold? There is no comparison between a unique football player (with how many attributes now days?) reacting to situations unfolding in real time and a few people on the sidewalks in GTA running and screaming when you pull a gun. I think you're severely underrating what's required to actually build a game like Madden. I'm not sure how many human like AI are on the screen at one time in games like those, but I highly doubt there are anywhere near close to 22 with entirely unique circumstances at any given instance.
Im sorry but im not underrating what it takes to make a game like madden. I gave you poor examples.

Take these instead: All-Pro Football 2k8, Madden 05, Blitz: The League...

Remember what were talking about here:
  • Is Madden maxing out the resources avaliable for the xbox 360/ps3? No.
  • Could Maddens architecture be stressed to the point of maxing out? Maybe. But I doubt it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »