Home

Solution for Field Goal Problem?

This is a discussion on Solution for Field Goal Problem? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:08 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Solution for Field Goal Problem?

i haven't missed a FG in awhile in Madden, 3 straight years in my Franchise with Janikowski 100% lol. i have my accuracy down to 6, and on All-Madden. i don't know what needs to be done to make it more difficult, but its easy to knock 3 in every time
Old 07-25-2008, 02:09 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 24

Well to help make it a little more difficult, me and my brother would not adjust the arrow and we would have to kick fgs that way. We still made a whole lot, but it wasn't automatic anymore.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:36 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

just make the meter more sensitive to deviations off the centre in allpro and all madden. The kicking meter is fine in my opinion.

Just lessen or completely remove the margin for error and it will be good.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #20
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Ugh...I hated 2k8's meter...sorry. Kickoffs especially...having to hold back on the R-stick for like 6 seconds was WEAK (IMO).

I understand the "sim"-ness of it which is cool, but I think that system was WAY too hardcore and just can't appeal to the masses.

I definitely want to make some changes soon though...we're going on 3 years...time to mix it up I'd say!
I'm really disappointed in you Ian.. lol. I love the kicking meter in APF but I understand it's not for everyone so how about this:
  • Significantly reduce the size of the aiming arrow. Make the arrow size heavily dependent on the kicker accuracy rating.
  • Press A to snap and press A again when the kicker's foot meets the ball. The power of the kick is dependent on how accurately the player times the foot-to-ball impact.
Reducing the size of the accuracy arrow will add drama to the game since it would be hard to be 100% sure that I'm aiming accurately. With longer kicks it would become a crap shoot as to whether or not my aim is correct.

Timing the kick with a button press would make kicking much more interactive and fun. It also allows more variety to the game because you could add a bad snap mechanic ala APF where the player has to adjust his timing to the quality of the snap & hold.

Another huge issue with kicking is the trajectory needs to be lowered by a large number of degrees. The reason blocks are so awkward in the game is because the ball leaves the kickers foot at an impossible angle. As a result the only way to block a kick is to get right up on the kicker.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #21
Pro

kwas676's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
They should have just kept in the option for using the old button method instead. I'll never understand why when they put in a new feature they take out the old way of doing it and piss people off.
Yeah don't use the all pro method i understand what they where trying to do, but imo wasn't the greatest idea. I like the old madden method as well, you actually had to look at ur kickers rating to see if u really wanted to go for a 50 yard and the wind was actually a factor. Don't remember what yr they changed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #22
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
Yeah don't use the all pro method i understand what they where trying to do, but imo wasn't the greatest idea. I like the old madden method as well, you actually had to look at ur kickers rating to see if u really wanted to go for a 50 yard and the wind was actually a factor. Don't remember what yr they changed it.
I'd much rather have the old way of kicking over the current method. I hate knowing it's automatic 3 points everytime I (or my opponent) crosses the 40 yard line.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

im still waiting for a game when the place holders angle/spot of the ball affects the kickers kick

no matter how good the accuracy/power you also must control the place holders aspects

shoot even the snap for the place kicker (and shotgun too)

after that the kicker should have maybe a plant foot or something to make the fg angle harder (see tynes in gb playoff game on 2 missed fgs)
Old 07-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #24
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I definitely want to make some changes soon though...we're going on 3 years...time to mix it up I'd say!
To sort of piggyback off of the quoted statement, we've been passing the ball the same way for what seems like an eternity (outside of the vision cone). Are we ever going to see any innovation in that area or is it a casualty of "appealing to the masses?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »