Home

Producers: Is there any way you can change the online leaderboard ranking algorithm?

This is a discussion on Producers: Is there any way you can change the online leaderboard ranking algorithm? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Producers: Is there any way you can change the online leaderboard ranking algorithm?

A few simple changes in the algorithm and we could have a very legit and high integrity leaderboard and Top 100.

The main goal of course is for the top 100 to actually be the top 100 players in the game, online at least; with the #1 player being most likely the best.

Two simple tweaks to the current algorithm would do it.

1.) Decrease the amount of ranking points gained by high levels beating lower levels (ex. a level 30 stomping on level ones all day should barely get rankings points, maybe 1; this forcing him to play competition closer to his level).

2.) Make it so if one gamer tag plays the same gamer tag ranked over and over again it decreases the points won immensely, or stops giving them points.

Every year,(and currently the #1 player on the ncaa 09 top 100) simply gets free wins from a separate account and continues to get a good amount of points playing the same account over and over again.. which ruins the whole integrity of the top 100. Unfortunately.. their accounts never get banned nor does their record get wiped out for doing these cheating tactics. (Don't be afraid to ban people.. even looking at this from a corporate aspect; worse case scenario you might lose one customer but you will be making thousands very happy)

Also, a person who plays level ones all day should never see the top 100.

In the end, this tweaked algorithm would sky rocket the addiction to playing Madden online in ranked games; and also weed out all the things that really disinterest people from playing online such as people who play themselves to get to the top of the leaderboards. This algorithm will also level out the competition so more people would play people on their skill level, so overall it will be perfect.

Coming from me personally, as well as many of my kind; the current flaws in the ranking system really disinterest a large crowd from playing. Please fix this... since I don't think this would warrant a patch.. just some changes on your servers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Producers: Is there any way you can change the online leaderboard ranking algorit

Does Madden still give you more points for using worse teams online and beating better teams?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Producers: Is there any way you can change the online leaderboard ranking algorit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardashian
A few simple changes in the algorithm and we could have a very legit and high integrity leaderboard and Top 100.

The main goal of course is for the top 100 to actually be the top 100 players in the game, online at least; with the #1 player being most likely the best.

Two simple tweaks to the current algorithm would do it.

1.) Decrease the amount of ranking points gained by high levels beating lower levels (ex. a level 30 stomping on level ones all day should barely get rankings points, maybe 1; this forcing him to play competition closer to his level).

2.) Make it so if one gamer tag plays the same gamer tag ranked over and over again it decreases the points won immensely, or stops giving them points.

Every year,(and currently the #1 player on the ncaa 09 top 100) simply gets free wins from a separate account and continues to get a good amount of points playing the same account over and over again.. which ruins the whole integrity of the top 100. Unfortunately.. their accounts never get banned nor does their record get wiped out for doing these cheating tactics. (Don't be afraid to ban people.. even looking at this from a corporate aspect; worse case scenario you might lose one customer but you will be making thousands very happy)

Also, a person who plays level ones all day should never see the top 100.

In the end, this tweaked algorithm would sky rocket the addiction to playing Madden online in ranked games; and also weed out all the things that really disinterest people from playing online such as people who play themselves to get to the top of the leaderboards. This algorithm will also level out the competition so more people would play people on their skill level, so overall it will be perfect.

Coming from me personally, as well as many of my kind; the current flaws in the ranking system really disinterest a large crowd from playing. Please fix this... since I don't think this would warrant a patch.. just some changes on your servers.
I believe we already do both of these. I specifically heard someone talking about #2 this week. I will find out more on Monday.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I believe we already do both of these. I specifically heard someone talking about #2 this week. I will find out more on Monday.
That's a terrible idea, people play friends on their list and why even bother it being ranked then
Old 07-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: Producers: Is there any way you can change the online leaderboard ranking algorit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Birthday Boy
That's a terrible idea, people play friends on their list and why even bother it being ranked then
Well all their saying is that if you and your buddy play 500 times online and you win 480 of them that it won't make you a top player. And it shouldn't, should it? I mean, seriously, is playing 1 guy or even just 3 or 4 guys indiciative of your skill in the Madden Community as a whole? I'm thinking no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #6
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

It gets better and better..loving it!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Well I play people on my list and we go back and forth and have great matchups so I don't see why they "shouldn't count"
Old 07-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: Producers: Is there any way you can change the online leaderboard ranking algorit

I'm sure they do up to a point....

again....your skill against a small, select, few people is in no way indicative of your overall skill in the community as a whole. And I've beat 300 different users, then it stands to reason that I've seen more offenses and defenses, I've defended against strong ground and pass games, and I've faced great run defenses as well as blitzers and user pick masters. You simply cannot replicate that experience by beating your buddies to a pulp every day.

It's like saying you should go to the Olympics because you outrun the same dude down the street every time ya'll start chasing the Ice Cream truck guy.

And honestly, if THIS is your major concern, then i doubt you've ever seen a leaderboard in your life anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »