Home

*UPDATE* Demo Based, Visual Examples Why Multiple Camera Angles are Critical

This is a discussion on *UPDATE* Demo Based, Visual Examples Why Multiple Camera Angles are Critical within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #41
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: *UPDATE* Demo Based, Visual Examples Why Multiple Camera Angles are Critical

Does it suck that Madden 09 has one camera? Yes. There is nothing we can do about it now. Ian knows this is an issue for some members of the community. I will bet that Madden 10 will have multiple camera angles.

As far as the TV debate, this isn't the place for it. However IMO I would say having a wide screen tv should be a priority for next gen gamers. I just feel that if you can afford upwards of $600 for the system, games, accessories, you can afford an HDTV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #42
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: *UPDATE* Demo Based, Visual Examples Why Multiple Camera Angles are Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Why? Some people can only afford the console that they want. There shouldn't be a reason not to have more than 1/2 camera angles.
I didn't say there shouldn't be more than 1 camera angle. Options are 1 of the most important things in any game, especially sports, but IMO it's not worth it to get a next gen system without a HD TV.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 4

I think it all comes down to what you prefer. But it's kind of an interesting debate, because I see a lot of gamers say they don't care about graphics (which I don't really believe anyway), but then evangelize about needing an HDTV to experience the best picture, lol...

I watch very little TV (because it's crap). I don't watch movies at all. I spent $85 for my 360, and $39 for my Monitor (which does 768 and looks amazing). I hate LCD's, and I'm not fond of widescreen's not even the tube versions. I took the quickest root to HD gaming, spent the least money, but got a picture that the typical commercial LCD's on the market aren't quite equal to yet due to current limitations of the technology (except for maybe something in the $4-6K range and if you spend that much on a TV, I also hope you regularly give your chauffeur and personal chef large tips, lol).

MS made sure that HD gaming was more accessible than in the past and left us with the tools to find cheaper ways. If you like LCD's and widescreen format, there are always Widescreen LCD monitors that you can get for a fraction of what a TV version would cost. But I wouldn't recommend anyone spend thousands on a TV just for gaming (not for anything really), not in this economy. Shop smart, seek alternatives; you may just find something that will greatly exceed your expectations and keep a lot of cash in your pocket where it belongs.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
For the record, it's well known that there need to be custom camera options. I don't think you need to convince anyone anymore.
Any update on a potential patch to add it in this year? I would truly hate to wait another year to enjoy Madden if this basic option can be patched in.

I'm glad that you are well aware of this issue now and it great that the OP very nicely addressed why it is important for some.

Because it has been out of the last 4 Madden's please be aware that those of us that REALLY want this feature are probably going to be asking for it until it is actually in the game.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
You can make that argument all day and EA can make the argument that this is a NEXT-GEN system...meaning that it is built for the new technology, not the old. So it's about time for everyone to upgrade those 4:3's to 16:9.
Well shouldn't a NEXT GEN SYSTEM have MORE options not LESS? More camera options and a user adjustable camera angle would fix the problem for both 4:3 owners and give 16:9 owners more options to play in a camera mode they enjoy.

I own a 42 inch 16:9 HDTV and the lack of camera options seriously PISS me off. So it's not just 4:3 owners that want this.

Can't believe gamers would argue that they want LESS options in a game.

This issue like the OL\DL interaction and ref's and chain gang and ESPN integration is a VERY sore spot. It's because we are on year 4 in next gen and still do not have this. Multiple camera angles should be the EASIEST of these issues to patch in.

Superstar mode has a different camera angle, replay's have tons of camera angles, Head coach has different camera angles which uses the same engine,

I think some of us just don't understand why this feature kept slipping off the list year after year.

Last edited by swanlee; 07-28-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

this thread is going pretty much the way I thought it would.

Guys, lets keep this civil and on topic.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 10

I think it's a good thing actually, the RB are always wide open, the game/producers need some way to make the defensive side more even...
Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
Well shouldn't a NEXT GEN SYSTEM have MORE options not LESS? More camera options and a user adjustable camera angle would fix the problem for both 4:3 owners and give 16:9 owners more options to play in a camera mode they enjoy.

I own a 42 inch 16:9 HDTV and the lack of camera options seriously PISS me off. So it's not just 4:3 owners that want this.

Can't believe gamers would argue that they want LESS options in a game.

This issue like the OL\DL interaction and ref's and chain gang and ESPN integration is a VERY sore spot. It's because we are on year 4 in next gen and still do not have this. Multiple camera angles should be the EASIEST of these issues to patch in.

Superstar mode has a different camera angle, replay's have tons of camera angles, Head coach has different camera angles which uses the same engine,

I think some of just don't understand why this feature kept slipping off the list year after year.

You guys are getting off the original post complaint. His complaint was he could not see his receivers. My advice is to upgrade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »