Home

TV style camera & CPU vs. CPU

This is a discussion on TV style camera & CPU vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:24 AM   #17
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: TV style camera & CPU vs. CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatskillz
thank you. I just seriously wanted to know because i've never done it. never saw the point. but now i understand.
I never got it either to be honest, but I do know that there are quite a few people who like that particular aspect. I understand the concept of seeing if the actual ratings and AI play out correctly, but I still can't wrap my head around getting enjoyment from it (on a longterm or repetative basis). Oh well, like it's been said-to each his own. I'm sure people can't understand how I get enjoyment from a highly detailed franchise mode. The more correctly functioning options/concepts in a game the better, I say
Old 07-28-2008, 07:51 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I never got it either to be honest, but I do know that there are quite a few people who like that particular aspect. I understand the concept of seeing if the actual ratings and AI play out correctly, but I still can't wrap my head around getting enjoyment from it (on a longterm or repetative basis). Oh well, like it's been said-to each his own. I'm sure people can't understand how I get enjoyment from a highly detailed franchise mode. The more correctly functioning options/concepts in a game the better, I say
I have watched CPU VS CPU at times when there was nothing on TV and just wanted to watch some football. It can be kind of fun just watching like any other football game in real life.

I'm glad the option is back in.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #19
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

As an aside, Ian has just posted some stats from a cpu v cpu game - so this confirms that this mode is indeed in the game for 09.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pu-vs-cpu.html
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #20
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

I still occasionally do it on 2k5. Just a couple of weeks ago and friend and I made a bet on who would win a CPU v. CPU with the Steelers and Chiefs, and we got into just like it was a real game (the terrific presentation helped.) A couple of days before that, I created a team with the lowest players on the game, and sat there and watched them get slaughtered 52-0. It was kind of entertaining just to see if they could get a first down.

So yeah, I'd like to see this in Madden with a broadcast camera angle. Maybe as the presentation gets better, this is something that will eventually be included.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

Its called IMMERSION. The same way that millions of people sit back every sunday and watch the NFL, is the same way that people that like to watch the NFL on the video game field feels. Only that when u watching the game on the video game field, u control it and can see what u have accomplished. 2k5 did this very well, made u feel a part of the game. Also, even thought cpu-vs-cpu is in the game, its not broadcast tv style, so it defeats the purpose. Since Ian is in charge of the 2010 project, i hope that he listens and have this feature in, or at least have multiply camera views. Presentation is a must, and this is whats makes it and breaks it, along with gameplay. Refs on field, halftime shows, sideline intergration..look at all pro 2k8. In franchine mode, have it like 2k5, but better. Make it feel like the real thing, and when madden do that, i wont give 2k5 a second look. IMMERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope u hear that IAN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Its called IMMERSION. The same way that millions of people sit back every sunday and watch the NFL, is the same way that people that like to watch the NFL on the video game field feels. Only that when u watching the game on the video game field, u control it and can see what u have accomplished. 2k5 did this very well, made u feel a part of the game. Also, even thought cpu-vs-cpu is in the game, its not broadcast tv style, so it defeats the purpose. Since Ian is in charge of the 2010 project, i hope that he listens and have this feature in, or at least have multiply camera views. Presentation is a must, and this is whats makes it and breaks it, along with gameplay. Refs on field, halftime shows, sideline intergration..look at all pro 2k8. In franchine mode, have it like 2k5, but better. Make it feel like the real thing, and when madden do that, i wont give 2k5 a second look. IMMERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope u hear that IAN

Well said Adfletch..

My brother (Bengals) and I (Browns) played multiple 2k5 seasons in the press box. When our respective franchises were match up against each other those 2 times a season is was treat to watch. My Browns often struggled against his bengals.

By drafting and GMing you felt that Immersion you mentioned. There was no "hand of god" intervention in the decision of these games. It was more of a mental chess match between him and I. Whoever could put the best talent on the field ultimately won.

Nothing has came close to 2k5 other than the College hoops series in this sense. It was one of the greatest games I had ever seen and my sports gaming goes back to the Earl Weaver baseball days.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

If I remember correctly didn't 2K sports for it's MLB game release a download for the game to get a new camera angle?

Perhaps this is something EA could take into consideration to release.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #24
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

CPU vs CPU is the 1st thing I do when I get sports games. I like to see all the new animations and such without having to pay attention to playing. I also use it for background enjoyment on occasion when I'm eating or on the phone. And I watch playoff games I'm not involved in on occasion.

But the feature is useless to me without a tv style view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »