Home

Bring John Madden Back..! ...and make him say stupid stuff

This is a discussion on Bring John Madden Back..! ...and make him say stupid stuff within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #33
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Bring John Madden Back..! ...and make him say stupid stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I wish there was Raiders' bias when it came to the game, maybe then we would be decent.

Anyways, I have yet to find a commentating crew that I enjoy listening to more than Summerall and Madden back in the day. It didn't matter whose game they were calling, each and every Sunday, I would always tune in.
You know, for all our complaints about the commentary in Madden, I can't think of a single NFL football game (EVER) that had commentary I liked for more than a few hours. Summerall's "Johnny Five" robotic voice always annoyed me after a while and I'm pretty sure Al Michaels died during one of the Madden recording sessions back in the day. Maybe that's why I'm so impressed with Collinsworth for 09. I don't even like him in real life, but from what we've heard he sounds amazing in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »