Home

I'll be buying Madden 2010 for the PC.

This is a discussion on I'll be buying Madden 2010 for the PC. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #9
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: I'll be buying Madden 2010 for the PC.

You know, this actually kinda sucks. A part of me wishes this was kept under wraps a few months longer, because now I'm not looking forward to 09 360 at all, I'm looking forward to 2010 PC. God damnit EA, can't I get a rest? lol.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:10 AM   #10
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Fantastic news. My only game platforms are my PC and XBox, and not having Madden for either this year has been really disappointing. I can't rationalize buying a PS3 or 360 just so I can play football video games... very excited to hear that I won't have to.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #11
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow, you guys are pretty oblivious to what's going on huh? Can't you see that "taking advantage of expanded online connectivity" means internet "Genuine Madden" copy protection check in between quarters lol. That's what's up....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #12
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: I'll be buying Madden 2010 for the PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
No doubt.

I'm a PC Gamer, no doubt about it. And while I will certainly buy Madden for it, I would go crazy for NCAA Football on the PC. I'd even go so far as to say that my XBox 360 probably wouldn't be necessary anymore. It's the main game I look forward to on the 360.

And herein lies the rub. Allowing the PC to make the 360 obselete for some users would be going backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 07-30-2008, 12:19 AM   #13
Nza
MVP

By the way, while I'll be happy to play a 360 port on PC next year, for what it's worth, Andy over at MaddenPlanet who is at some EA FIFA community day confirmed FIFA 09 PC is an entirely PC built game, i.e. not a direct port. This has got to be a first for EASports for a long, long time. Perhaps a sign of things to come?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:19 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Wow, you guys are pretty oblivious to what's going on huh? Can't you see that "taking advantage of expanded online connectivity" means internet "Genuine Madden" copy protection check in between quarters lol. That's what's up....
lol wow, you're a freaking genius. Brilliant, really.

I don't give a crap if there IS "Genuine Madden copy protection" in between quarters because you know what? I'll be playing the best version of Madden available.

I pay for my PC games, so copy protection doesn't bother me one bit. If it means more quality games, I say bring it on.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #15
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
And herein lies the rub. Allowing the PC to make the 360 obselete for some users would be going backwards.
What's that supposed to mean - going backwards for who? Microsoft? They sell the OS PC gamers use to play Madden, and they make a LOT more money per copy vs per console doing so. EA? they probably make more $ per PC copy than per 360 copy sold since there is no royalities on PC and lower printing/distributing costs, particularly if it's over EA's digital download service. For the gamer? No, forcing PC gamers to consoles is going backwards for them, very very backwards if they enjoyed mods, leagues, and statistical reports PC allows for.

I see no going backwards

Last edited by Nza; 07-30-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 12:43 AM   #16
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
lol wow, you're a freaking genius. Brilliant, really.

I don't give a crap if there IS "Genuine Madden copy protection" in between quarters because you know what? I'll be playing the best version of Madden available.

I pay for my PC games, so copy protection doesn't bother me one bit. If it means more quality games, I say bring it on.
No disrespect intended, I was just saying that I believe that copy protection is the reason they took a year off... This is EA we are talking about, and I envision a copy protected Madden 08 with a roster update lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »