Home

Collector's Edition Box ::Images::

This is a discussion on Collector's Edition Box ::Images:: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #33
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Collector's Edition Box ::Images::

Phil,
In another thread you mentioned that accelerated clock would be be too large of a file to be allowed by MS via patch, at least according to the current rules they have.

When you guys first started working on the accel clock code, which has been over a month now I believe, did you know then that the file would be too large to allow users to get it via a patch?

You mentioned in another post that there may be an alternative way to get this feature to users - do you have any light to shed on that? Would it be a case where we would have to order (I'm not asking about $$ or anything, just logistics) a CD to be mailed to us or something like that?

Thank you for your time....
Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #34
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Phil,
In another thread you mentioned that accelerated clock would be be too large of a file to be allowed by MS via patch, at least according to the current rules they have.

When you guys first started working on the accel clock code, which has been over a month now I believe, did you know then that the file would be too large to allow users to get it via a patch?

You mentioned in another post that there may be an alternative way to get this feature to users - do you have any light to shed on that? Would it be a case where we would have to order (I'm not asking about $$ or anything, just logistics) a CD to be mailed to us or something like that?

That's a good question. I was curious about this myself.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #35
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Since Phil is being so talkative tonight I'll try and squeeze something out of him

I take it from a statement the other day that the accelerated clock option is not able to fit in a patch and you were looking at other means of getting it out. I'm wondering if the time comes that you decide there is no way to get it out to us will you let us know?
Yes sir. We're trying to be very transparent.

Phil
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #36
Turn 10 - Microsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Phil,

We didn't know that accelerated clock would put us over the limit. We realized that as soon as we got it working unfortunately.

The other way to get features is through DLC. Downloadable Content. No CD or anything like that. DLC has it's own limitations that we're trying to understand right now.

By the end of all this, we'll be in a much better position to not only patch the game but to understand how to update the product post-launch.

Phil
Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #37
Turn 10 - Microsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysworld26
Hey Phil, do you guys hire alot of people out of Full Sail?
Yes sir. I've worked with several.

Phil
Old 07-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #38
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillycheze
We didn't know that accelerated clock would put us over the limit. We realized that as soon as we got it working unfortunately.

The other way to get features is through DLC. Downloadable Content. No CD or anything like that. DLC has it's own limitations that we're trying to understand right now.

By the end of all this, we'll be in a much better position to not only patch the game but to understand how to update the product post-launch.

Phil
Ahh, that makes sense. Do you think in the future you'll be able to possibly include other "gameplay" focused updates via this method, or will that still fall under the umbrella of understanding the DLC limitations?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Phil, how often will the rosters be updated. Yall did a great job last year with the rostter update by the way. Oh and will we be able to take our created plays from Head Coach online in Madden. Thank you for you effort in communicating with the community.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 39

Rhanks Phil, looks great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »