Home

Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:14 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Hey, I don't post here much, but I got a chance to play the demo and figured I'd post a few comments.

IQ Test:
- A little humbling as I got All Pro's on offense and Pro on both defense drills. For the most part I think I was caught off guard cause I wasn't expecting a chance to play any defense.
- The run defense drill was kinda awkward with the icon above the runners head, it's right in your face at the start.
- I love the passing drills, both offense and defense, because you have to deal with both a man rushing and a man in coverage. Thought that was cool.
- At first I thought the running drill was too easy, then I really just found it to be pretty fun as they are sending guys at you. It's a good drill to get creative with your blocking and stick skills.
- Found depth perception on the defensive passing drill tough to figure out. It would look like my DB was in great position to make a play on the ball, and i would go up to swat it and it turned out I should've been 5 yards futher down field. Maybe I just Suck?

Madden Moment:
- I definitely was not prepared for how visually beautiful this game is. I've watched every video many times, But when the Arizona stadium first loads up and you first see the cut scene of the offense and defense going to the line, it really blew me away. Very very excited to see all the stadiums and teams.
- One thing that I was relieved about with the playcall screen, was that to shuffle through packages it is LB and RB, not the right stick as in NCAA (xbox). I have the hardest time pulling up a package fast enough when I have to use the stick. The buttons are just simpler.
- Most of the offensive plays seemed to be ones I found in NCAA as well, though the formations were different. That is really at a glance.
- Rushing is fun and balanced. I was rushing for 5+ yards, and at the same time I was getting stopped behind the line. The first play is a 4th and short, and I never had a problem getting the first with Jacobs but maybe playing more I will see the defense put up a better stop.
- Passing game was nice, I felt like user catching was more fluent than in years past.
- Bittersweet Giants fan, scored one touchdown, fade to shockey, he flexed his muscles for the crowd.
- Interesting Giants fan tidbit, 4 wide receiver formations bring Mario Manningham out as the 4th guy.
- Didn't get to try lead blocker but hoping thats improved from last year.

All in all, for what it was, I get good vibes about the game. I look forward to spending more time with the demo.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #50
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller22
I just thew a pass to Manningham and Rodney Harrison did the same play that was against Tyree...The helmst catch but Manningham dropped it but it was the same animation...
I hope we dont see this animation all the time

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #51
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

demo impressions.

I want the full game.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 09:26 AM   #52
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
demo impressions.

I want the full game.....
So that means you like it?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller22
the game is still madden...this is not a new engine...if you dont like the madden engine then you wont like this game..

the game is much better then last year but the gameplay engine is the same...diff tweaks but the same engine...
man, I just hope the game is fun I don't know if it's the "identity." I can't put my finger on what has been lacking, but I knowing that I wasn't playing a quality product took the fun out for me. Hopefully they are back to quality. I'll keep my philisophical thoughts to myself.

I know the lighting and overall graphics are better, but have the player's faces improved? I hated those military, constipated faces from the previous versions.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #54
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I hope we dont see this animation all the time
im tired of seeing that flip tackle thats always featured in the trailers...god they need more variety with the tackles
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #55
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I love the QB wind up for deep passes...should help against those damm cheesers

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #56
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

someone please tell me that you don't have to do that My Skill crap if you don't want to. Tell me that I can get the game, select All Pro and play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »