Home

Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #65
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
-OJ Mayo has a clear face mask and it looks good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 10:02 AM   #66
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
someone please tell me that you don't have to do that My Skill crap if you don't want to. Tell me that I can get the game, select All Pro and play.
I skiped the Madden test and it let me play with a 500 IQ

I'd also like to add for the first time in many years I feel like i'm playing the game of football. Even in the demo the atmosphere seems better. I'm guessing with the play by play and everything else in the full game this is going to be a very good fun game to play.

Last edited by JMD; 07-31-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 15

^^^^ Hahahaha good catch I was thinking UCLA basketball
Old 07-31-2008, 10:04 AM   #68
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
^^^^ Hahahaha good catch I was thinking UCLA basketball
Old 07-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #69
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Effing poo I forgot my gold account expired. Sometimes I hate Microsoft.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 15

Lol killing me USC
Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 AM   #71
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
So that means you like it?
The demo? No. not so much what i mean is that EA knows we'll buy it9the madden faithful) so...

the games actually pretty good even though you can only run offense. i see two things right away

1)camera angle doesn't allow you to throw bombs at all because the markers don't stay(so this might be EA's answer to trying to throw so crazy) which makes the game more realistic.
2)Graphics are better in person. the game looked fake in internet vids. in person different story. It's like agood mix of NCAA 09 and then maybe a tinge of what last gen madden decent and comforting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #72
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Some quick thoughts for those of you who are at work or have not yet played the demo:

-As everyone has said the graphics are stunning. And to the poster above I feel that the faces do look alot better this year.(But I do not tend to pay much attention to that stuff)
-The controls feel tight and responsive, very similar to the control you had back in the PS2 days
- I think user catching is MUCH improved this year
-Defensive line pressure seems completely fine to me
-Since that guy in the review the other day said the QB sneak was a "money" play I decide to do a bunch of them. It didnt seem that money to me, there was no guarantee of getting the yard.
-OJ Mayo has a clear face mask and it looks good
-The demo has not penalties, no commentary, cant play defense.(They dont even call delay of game if the play clock runs out)
-Blocking seemed overall better then years past. No true pocket but certainly better then last years
-Animations are very very fluid. ALOT more so then NCAA granted I only played the demo and did not get the game.
-The computer defense does not seem to be a problem in this short defense. I read the horror stories and saw the clips of NCAA's defense and Maddens is much better. Pursuit angles, defensive AI seem to be much more geared to the defensive minded player. This is very important to me because I am a very defensive oriented Madden player
- One problem I have had is with the screen plays. I get sacked everytime, by the time the screen is set up my QB is on his back.(Anyone else having a problem with this)
-New passing camera is excellent and I do not have a problem with the scoreboard being at the top of the screen

Hope this helps guys! All in all from the short demo I am very impressed. I think this is the year Madden fans will start to enjoy Madden again. I have been a Madden fan my whole life but thought the last couple versions have been terrible. This demo is very promising to me.

I have to comment I play NCAA 09 and the tackling animations there are VERY solid and varied. did not see that in the madden demo at all. the tackling doesn't pop out as much as in NCAA 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »