Home

SG_Fred at Gamespot's Sportsgamer has full game of Madden 09 from EA

This is a discussion on SG_Fred at Gamespot's Sportsgamer has full game of Madden 09 from EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: SG_Fred at Gamespot's Sportsgamer has full game of Madden 09 from EA

for once I like the look of the grass.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Hrm this somewhat reveals a concern for me with IQ. If you throw 3, 4 or even more picks one game, it shouldn't make passing easier for you all of a sudden. Some NFL QB's, like Grossman, will do this every so often. It shouldn't mean the next game you play has easier passing.

I like the premise, but I'm starting to sense the implementation of IQ is better suited for casuals who don't want statistical realism relative to the team/player they are controlling. If I'm playing a franchise and suck passing one week, I don't want to play next week's game with easy passing because I just had an off game. Of course IQ will adjust again, but it will always be one game behind. You could even get in a weird cycle where you suck one game bringing passing difficulty down, dominate the next bringing it way back up, and over and over again endlessly. I think it should be more of a long term thing, based off of averages, and not so easily influenced by one game here and there. It maybe very well be, but the impression I'm getting is it's a game to game thing.

Guess it's a good thing sliders and traditional difficulty settings remain (hopefully in a workable state).
Well said. This has been my concern with this feature since it was announced. Just beacuse I had a bad week or happened to face a good defense in week 3, week 4 shouldn't be just easier for me.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

As far as I understand, IQ basically just automatically and dynamically modifies a breakdown of difficulty settings representing the major parts of the gameplay based on your performance - settings which you can manually edit yourself (I think?). If so, you could just play a few games with IQ on, and once you've finished a game you feel was a good representation of your skill, turn it off and take the settings it found to be yours, and stick to those. This way it doesn't change per game.

It will be interesting to see how this works with the normal gameplay sliders. It should in theory make finding the right difficulty for you much more powerful, albeit slightly more complex and involved too, as the possible combinations now aren't just difficult + sliders, but various sub-difficulty settings + sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #12
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Do you have to use the IQ settings or can you adjust the sliders to what you want like in the past madden's?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #13
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I think IQ is completely optional, and I believe (although not 100%) you can even manually adjust the same settings IQ changes anyway, i.e., you can manually make pass all-madden, while run is all-pro etc. Hopefully this is the case.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Yea you can choose IQ or Default for your single-player games.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

So, I wonder if this so called "Sprint" halftime report and postgame are the exact same as last year's?

meaning they just play glory music and let u view some key plays. stupid.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 10:58 AM   #16
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I wouldn't worry too much about the IQ thing after ONE game. It should take a few games to get at the level where it needs to be for any player. That test is way too easy compared to the real game. If it still varies that drastically after a few games then we might be able to say it's flawed. But I don't see any reason at all for it not to vary quite a bit in the first couple games until it has enough of a sampling to be more accurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »