Home

New and More Sliders!!

This is a discussion on New and More Sliders!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:12 PM   #33
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New and More Sliders!!

Bill are you playing on a default level like All-Pro or are you using the IQ settings from the tests? I think it is pretty important to clarify how you're playing as in my mind there could be a big difference.

I can't see how they could allow you to alter the cpu sliders if you playing off your IQ test scores, that would fundamentally break that adaptability system would it not?

Perhaps if you didn't use it and played on a default setting the sliders would appear?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:12 PM   #34
Rookie

HuskAir's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
This might explain the lack of response to slider inquiries in that other thread. I recall something about the sliders act differently now and Ian saying he researched and knew how they worked and was planning a write up.

Maybe the write up shows up Aug 13th. lol

EDIT: Actually I just thought of somethign I bet there are no cpu sliders. Remember this is "the first sports game that adapts to you" I bet they couldn't have that working and then give you access to the cpu sliders.

My bet is they don't exist
But the HUMAN sliders DO exist. Makes me go "hmm..." ... Wouldn't adjusting the human sliders also negate the point of IQ?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #35
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Bill are you playing on a default level like All-Pro or are you using the IQ settings from the tests? I think it is pretty important to clarify how you're playing as in my mind there could be a big difference.

I can't see how they could allow you to alter the cpu sliders if you playing off your IQ test scores, that would fundamentally break that adaptability system would it not?

Perhaps if you didn't use it and played on a default setting the sliders would appear?
Good point. I read that you can play with or w/o IQ stuff. Bill, can you turn of the IQ settings and see if the CPU sliders appear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #36
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskAir
But the HUMAN sliders DO exist. Makes me go "hmm..." ... Wouldn't adjusting the human sliders also negate the point of IQ?
Maybe, I'm just throwing out ideas on why they might not be appearing.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:19 PM   #37
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

So let me see here, I'm presuming if this is the case the way that the adapting difficulty works is that the cpu AI stays the same based on what difficulty level you are playing on but then the game changes the human sliders to handicap or give you a boost based on your IQ.

What a shame cpu sliders don't appear to be in, pretty much every year in the past I have been able to get the football games to play how I want them to by finding a balance between the human and cpu sliders, haven't been able to achieve that with NCAA this year, and I guess it's out of the question for Madden.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:19 PM   #38
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
If they exist they are extremely well hidden.

And believe me I hope this is just me being a doofus, which would not be unprecedented , and there's a simple button to press and a menu to access. But I have looked for an hour for any CPU settings and...nothin. And after playing some games today -- they are needed.
Seriously? No CPU sliders? Im speechless....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #39
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Seriously? No CPU sliders? Im speechless....
We don't know for sure yet.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:23 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 12

I had a notion about the adaptive A.I. and It looks like I was correct. The adaptive A.I. is just an automatic slider adjustment by the computer. I hope they didn't actually remove the ability to tweak the game themeselves. I don't understand why they wouldn't include slider adjustments to the user. Hopefully they are in there.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »