Home

New and More Sliders!!

This is a discussion on New and More Sliders!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #593
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New and More Sliders!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Phil, I agree we need to move forward and find solutions. Is there a chance CPU sliders could be added via a patch at some point down the road?
Not doubting your question, but I (and everyone else) would like to know why the sliders were removed in the first place. If they were removed to make room for the adaptive AI, then there's a possibility that a patch won't be released for that, correct?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #594
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Also, I think you and Ian should be called to task for sitting on this information. The fact that this was known by your team and wasnt even addressed until Abner found out is extremely disappointing. Now that OS and other Madden gamers are furious about this feature being removed you guys seem moved to investigate why it was removed. You guys knew about this for at least two weeks and didnt think to ask your coworkers why the sliders were removed? Really?

I appreciate the fact that the Madden team is a presence on this board but you guys have to learn how to take the good w/ the bad. A few days of bitching about removing a key feature is not overkill
Not to be harsh, but responses like these drive developers away from message boards. Developers don't owe us anything, and nothing justifies asking them to face a barrage of personal attacks.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #595
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm sorry but can people get more than a day to be upset about your team removing a key feature thats been in the game for years? Workarounds are impossible for most people here because only 2 OSers currently have the game. Solutions are easier.....put the sliders back in the game.

Also, I think you and Ian should be called to task for sitting on this information. The fact that this was known by your team and wasnt even addressed until Abner found out is extremely dissapointing. Now that OS and other Madden gamers are furious about this feature being removed you guys seem moved to investigate why it was removed. You guys knew about this for at least two weeks and didnt think to ask your coworkers why the sliders were removed? Really?

I appreciate the fact that the Madden team is a presence on this board but you guys have to learn how to take the good w/ the bad. A few days of bitching about removing a key feature is not overkill
The man makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #596
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
I have been playing with it at 85 and my Reaction DB time at 100. Again, I don't like playing the DBs -- I'm just really bad at swatting passes; I'd rather rush the passer and play the Dline.

When I played the "My Skill" game I picked off Ben 4 times and held hin in check. My INT slider was fairly high though because I tested poorly. When I went to Custom and lowered the INT slider and boosted the Reaction time to 100...is when he pulled out the 21 for 23 game on me. I sacked him 4 times, a few of which were strange because it looked as if he stood in the pocket for 2 seconds, no one was open and he took off and I tackled him for a yard loss. But those did count as sacks.

I think in order to keep good passers in check, % wise, you are going to need to take over control of the secondary after the ball is thrown, at least from my experience so far. Expecting a pass to be off target is a surefire way to give up a lot of completions.

But I have really barely played the game..maybe 5 games at this point, everyone of those Browns/Steelers. So the sample size is tiny at this point.
Thanks for the quick response and keep the info coming. I am loving the demo and at the very least this will be an online/league game for me.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #597
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Not to be harsh, but responses like these drive developers away from message boards. Developers don't owe us anything, and nothing justifies asking them to face a barrage of personal attacks.
And we've gained so much from them being here and taking our input into consideration haven't we? Seriously consider that question in terms of Ncaa and what we are now learning of Madden.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #598
Rookie

OVR: 4

Now we know the real reason why the demo didn't let us play defense! They didn't want you to see the pinpoint QB accuracy from the AI. And without sliders, there is nothing we can do about it! Unbelievable. Is there something we can do, like start a petition or something to the NFL, and ask that the license be revoked and given to 2k? This is absolute insanity and I for one will not foolishly pay $60 to play a game that takes out such a staple in simulation games today- AI sliders.

The other thing that is puzzling to me is that EA has chose to finally inform us that the sliders are missing only after Bill and others had found this out themselves. All this time I thought Ian was on here being as honest as he could about the game and keeping us up to speed, only to find out that he has really been hiding a key proponent missing from the game! Dude, I am sorry Ian- but you are a lying, secretive, sneaky piece of S**T! I hope Madden sales tank and the NFL revokes the license and sells it to 2k. I honestly mean that, you guys don't deserve the license. It has been several years now, and your game has only improved marginally at best!

Backbreaker, here I come!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #599
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm hoping CPU sliders can be added in a patch, if they are indeed missing, and not hidden somehow (which I highly doubt since Bill looked around real hard and has a retail version). The adaptive intelligence or whatever they call it will have to be very good to supplant sliders for us hardcore Madden players.

I did the test for the PS3 demo and got all-madden for rushing, passing, and all madden on most of the defense based on how they test you. I have never really ever been all-madden for rushing. I would say that I am all-pro on that, and I am usually between all-pro and all-madden on defense. I will reserve judgment on this and everything however, until I actually play the full retail game.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #600
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

To be honest I dont care if it drives them away. I wasnt disrespectful and this isnt a praise EA (or any developer board). I praised Ian when he said they were adding accelerate clock in a patch and I'll bash him here for witholding information and trying to keep it under raps until people bought the game.

We benefit from them being here by getting inside info and they benefit from us by getting advice on the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »